Otakon Aug. 17-21
Aug 20, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #2 of 3
I made this thread, possibly premature :p http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ghlight=otakon

I was there today and it was great. Go to check out a few new series and drop a ton of money in the dealers room, which seems to be a tradition
smily_headphones1.gif

Caught:

DNAngel 1-4: Series about a kid who's parents have raised him to be a shadow thief by transforming himself into a guy called "Dark" who sports a seperate personality. Too bad both of them like the same girl. Funny in some parts, and overall pretty decent. Probably not something I'd buy unless it was cheap. A little bit of Yaoi in there too, so be forewarned. 3/5

Girls Bravo 1-4: This one was hilarious. The main character has developed a phobia to girls because whenever he's around them they bully him and beat him up
smily_headphones1.gif
Well at one point in time the girl next door comes over, gets pissed at him and kicks him into the bath, at which point he warps to another planet of all girls. There he meets his main love interest, who seems to be the only girl who doesn't set off his phobia, who also happens to have a ravenous appetite. When he warps back to earth she ends up coming with him incidentally. 4.5/5

Bleach 1-5: First time I saw it, not bad at all. I won't go into it since everyone already knows about this series. 3.5/5

...wanted to check out Helsing Ultimate but it got cancelled :p

In between I hit the Dealers room a couple of times, checked out the Art room and spent a while playing Taito Memories in the Game room.

Will be there Saturday and Sunday too, so if anyone will be there and wants to meet up @ some point hit me up.

Aug 21, 2005 at 4:45 AM Post #3 of 3
Didn't do much today besides move between a couple of theaters and snag more junk from the dealers room.

Midori Days: Bizarre Romantic Comedy. Starts out with a girl going into a coma and becoming the main characters right hand (attached and doll sized). Incredibly strange idea, and I never really got used to it, but the series has nice pacing and I enjoyed it enough to probably persue the next few episodes. The main character is similar looking to GTO and likes to get into fights, but the girl hand is causing him plenty of conflict. 4/5

Yakitatel Japan: This is a series about a boy with legendary "golden hands" that has his aims to use his bread-making artistry to make bread the japanese food staple 0_o The golden hands allow him to cause the bread to ferment quicker and make amazing bread recipes. This one sounded like a winner in the program guide so I had to check it out. I figured it would be either really funny or really bad, and it was really funny. The strange expressions and journeys these people would take when they tasted a new recipe was hilarious. This one was a fansub so it may be difficult to get your hands on but i think it's worth the trouble. 4/5

Otogi Zoshi: Mostly serious historic samurai stuff. Reminded me a little of Dog Warriors. When I watch these I expect there to be some seriously awesome sword fights but there really weren't any. Not bad but I didn't really get into it either. Really nice illustrations though. 3/5

Tenjho Tenge: This one was rediculous. Lots of awesome fights full of violence, lots of school deliquent bad*sses and lots of fanservice. Started off a little mindless but I got into it by the second episode. Seemed to be more love triangles than usual, I usually feel that one is enough but I haven't watched enough of the series to get a feeling for the characters so they came off as meaningless for the time being. Definently worth checking out it you like violent fighting and plenty of boobage.
tongue.gif
I snagged a figure from this series in the dealers room of one of the main chicks with a kitana. 4/5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back