OT: Is fixup.net down?
Feb 22, 2005 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Spadge

500+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

I ordered a SuperMacro just over a week ago and have heard nothing from Xin (my CC has been charged).

I posted a message on the boards over at www.fixup.net asking about my order but now I can't seem to get to www.fixup.net at all.

Can anyone else get in or is it just me?

I'm getting a little worried about the lack of responce from Xin.

Thanks for any help
Paul

Feb 22, 2005 at 12:23 AM Post #3 of 12
I emailed him on Feb. 15th and he still hasn't replied. I guess he must be away or something...

Still, don't worry. He's a reputable seller and a well respected one. I don't think he's trying to swindle you or anything.

Andrés

Feb 22, 2005 at 12:42 AM Post #4 of 12
Thanks for that... it relaxed me a little.

Can you actually get into the site though or is it just me? I'm getting a 'cannot find server' error.

Paul

Feb 22, 2005 at 1:13 AM Post #5 of 12
My guess he's stepped away a few days to develop the new Supermini. It's his way to work on a new project - he will be pondering for a long time and then work days and nights on a new amp until he makes it. Nobody can find him during that period
etysmile.gif

Feb 22, 2005 at 1:26 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Can you actually get into the site though or is it just me? I'm getting a 'cannot find server' error.

I am not able to access Dr. Xin's website either. I'm sure that it is down temporarily and that your order will be processed soon. I waited about two or three weeks to receive my Supermacro---and just received it about ten days ago.

Feb 22, 2005 at 1:50 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by gnagel
I am not able to access Dr. Xin's website either. I'm sure that it is down temporarily and that your order will be processed soon. I waited about two or three weeks to receive my Supermacro---and just received it about ten days ago.

Well his website is down but I just received email from him this morning:
The reason for 227 to sound so good in SuperMacro is that SM has done right on almost every espects: super low noise, super low distortions, super low crosstalk... Unlike FET opamps such as AD8610 and OPA627 that sound still not too bad if distortion is high, a bipolar like 227 will sound very harsh. But, if distortions are very well controled, I found a good bipolar opamp like 227 still sounds better than FET types.

Thank you!
Xin

Feb 22, 2005 at 7:05 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by gnagel
The site is back up and running now...

...And I just recieved an email from Xin saying my amp will be shipped first thing tomorrow. Woohoo.

Paul

Feb 22, 2005 at 8:08 AM Post #11 of 12
Spadge, I have an order placed for a SM also, and notice that you have the same source as me (H340) - sorry if I'm hijacking this topic but can you tell me what file format and encoding rate you intend to listen with when using the SM? Thanks.

Feb 22, 2005 at 11:14 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Spadge, I have an order placed for a SM also, and notice that you have the same source as me (H340) - sorry if I'm hijacking this topic but can you tell me what file format and encoding rate you intend to listen with when using the SM? Thanks.

At the moment I am using MP3 @ --aps. This is using my Xin SuperMini amp and Alessandro MS-2 phones. I can't tell the difference any higher than that.

However I plan on doing some testing when I get the SM to see if I can tell the difference between --aps and a higher rate. I've looked into OGG files and am very interested in these also but as far as I can tell over on www.misticriver.net there is a huge battery hit for using OGG.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back