Ortofon OM 20 on Concorde DJ cartridge?
Oct 22, 2007 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TR909

Head-Fier
I'll be resurrecting one of my old Technics 1200 M3D's soon and am looking for some advice from some of the vinyl junkies on here. I've had my tables in storage in DC for the last few years as there was no space for them here in my NYC apt, but now I think I can squeeze one of them into my bedroom. I don't have the cash for the origin-live straight arm mod yet but want to at least improve on the cartridge I used for djing. Does anyone know if it's possible to mount the Ortofon OM20 stylus onto a Concorde Pro DJ cartridge? I have the elliptical stylus on the Concorde now and like the ease of setup it affords, negating the need for a headshell but want better sound.

Oct 22, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by TR909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know if it's possible to mount the Ortofon OM20 stylus onto a Concorde Pro DJ cartridge? .

Don't know about that but I believe Kabusa.com have a modified audiophile version of the concorde.

Otherwise the classic would be a Denon DL110/160 of if you have a phonopreamp with a Moving Coil input, the Denon 103 is meant to be a great match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back