Orpheus on Ebay
Apr 12, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #3 of 20
Personally there is no way in hell I would send $10K+ off to a stranger through Ebay in Germany and hope for the best that I would get my headphones and amp like that but thats just me.....

Apr 12, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's another one here

That one is a bit fishy. I sent an email asking for pics 7 days ago and got an reply 5 days ago that he would send them. So far nothing. Since I left my email in the ebay questions, another interested buyer also contacted asking whether I have received any pictures, which I haven't. Then the seller sends an email to all interested parties saying that "I made some photos this morning but, I just found out that my laptop doesn’t accept the memory sticks I used. So, I can’t send you these photos right away, only later at night, when I get home." On the other hand, the email also mentioned that "Everyone is welcome to come and pick up the item – flight tickets are cheap now a days. If the wining bidder wishes so, I can help him booking a nice hotel (http://www.rivierahoteis.com), pick him up at the airport and so on." That was yesterday and still no pics.

The seller also only has one postive feedback from selling something. Risky at least.

Anyways, I'm not bidding on that one.

If anybody wants his mobile number, which he left in his email signature, send me a pm.

Apr 12, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #5 of 20
The UK ebay one is a great price esp. if conditions are real. I'd be tempted to bite on it if I wasn't involved with other transactions and essentially broke ;p

Apr 13, 2007 at 11:22 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That one is a bit fishy. I sent an email asking for pics 7 days ago and got an reply 5 days ago that he would send them. So far nothing. Since I left my email in the ebay questions, another interested buyer also contacted asking whether I have received any pictures, which I haven't. Then the seller sends an email to all interested parties saying that "I made some photos this morning but, I just found out that my laptop doesn’t accept the memory sticks I used. So, I can’t send you these photos right away, only later at night, when I get home." On the other hand, the email also mentioned that "Everyone is welcome to come and pick up the item – flight tickets are cheap now a days. If the wining bidder wishes so, I can help him booking a nice hotel (http://www.rivierahoteis.com), pick him up at the airport and so on." That was yesterday and still no pics.

The seller also only has one postive feedback from selling something. Risky at least.

Anyways, I'm not bidding on that one.

If anybody wants his mobile number, which he left in his email signature, send me a pm.

He also has a demo pair of Denon monoblocks for sale, 10,000 euros

Apr 13, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #7 of 20
If I was going to spend that much then I would personally collect the HE90s. £200 or so on a plane tick and hotel to ensure your £10k purchase is safe seems like a no-brainer to me.

Apr 13, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #8 of 20
Good Luck! I hope someone gets these, and that these are for real. It seems a bit odd thought that someone would go through that level of hassle to sell such an esoteric product, and then turn out to be a fake. But I suppose it certainly does happen.

Neil

Apr 13, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by toric334 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I was going to spend that much then I would personally collect the HE90s. £200 or so on a plane tick and hotel to ensure your £10k purchase is safe seems like a no-brainer to me.

I'm with you there! No way I would send over that kind of tall without doing the transaction in person and collecting the headphones at the same time.

Apr 13, 2007 at 3:54 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He also has a demo pair of Denon monoblocks for sale, 10,000 euros

Looks like local pick up is possible so it's probably legit. I still haven't got any pics though nor a response whether I can pay via cash upon local pick up. If the Orpheus stays at under 6000€, that'd be a very good deal.

Apr 13, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #11 of 20
I don't see the harm in winning these auctions and then making the seller jump through at least one hoop (Picture + reliable watermark of some sort) before payment.

Apr 13, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #12 of 20
Maaan, the ebay.uk one looks like an excellent deal. I'd be all over that if I could -_-.

Apr 13, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #13 of 20
I haven't gotten any pictures either, even though he says pictures are sent. He will not take cash on pickup but wants the money transferred to his account. If you have some money to throw away, this may be worth taking a shot at, but the idea of wire-transferring thousands of dollars to somebody I don't know and has no reputation as a reliable seller is horrific to me. I just have a really bad feeling about this one.

Apr 13, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #14 of 20
Yeah those aren't good signs. No cash on pickup? That's... dumb. I mean if you are willing to fly (Assuming you have to fly) over to pick it up and that this has been sitting in his (Someone's) shop for like years until they decided to stop... waiting a bit for the cash seems completely reasonable. Ohwell.

Apr 13, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #15 of 20
So why not fly over there, pick it up, and wire transfer while you're there. It's basically like a cash pickup, except you'd need internet service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back