ORNEC - How to contact? Reliable?
Dec 2, 2005 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

jxb2

100+ Head-Fier
Ordered US 110 volt version of power plant (accuracy of order confirmed in their email to me), but received Chinese 220 volt version. No answer to three emails to them. Anyone deal with them before?
Other than wrong product this time, other purchases I've made from them have gone well. I think they simply made a clerical mistake and sent wrong product, but I can't find way to have them respond to me and resolve problem. (PayPal has been useless in this regard - don't use PayPal bank draft feature - always use credit card; I'd have recourse if this was on credit card).

Dec 2, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by jxb2
Ordered US 110 volt version of power plant (accuracy of order confirmed in their email to me), but received Chinese 220 volt version. No answer to three emails to them. Anyone deal with them before?
Other than wrong product this time, other purchases I've made from them have gone well. I think they simply made a clerical mistake and sent wrong product, but I can't find way to have them respond to me and resolve problem. (PayPal has been useless in this regard - don't use PayPal bank draft feature - always use credit card; I'd have recourse if this was on credit card).

Ornec are actually a company called "Knoxed" try searching for knoxed in the Head-Fi database.

Dec 2, 2005 at 9:17 PM Post #3 of 15
Now I feel truly stupid, but grateful to you for pointing me towards answer. Still have not gotten response to emails. In any event, it would be a heavy chunck of metal to fly around the world.

Dec 2, 2005 at 9:18 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by jxb2
Now I feel truly stupid, but grateful to you for pointing me towards answer. Still have not gotten response to emails. In any event, it would be a heavy chunck of metal to fly around the world.

I'm sure they'll answer you especially if they get wind of this thread
wink.gif

Dec 3, 2005 at 3:16 PM Post #6 of 15
I sent them THREE unreplied emails this week. I should point out that while the power filter was shipped China 220 volt rather than US 110 volt version, the G&W T-2.6F amplifier was shipped 220 volt version, as advertised. I'm going to start a thread on the 2.6 now that it's had about 50 hours burn.

Dec 3, 2005 at 7:25 PM Post #7 of 15
Phone them for the fastest response. I did, regarding the Omega IIs, very fast and nice guy replied.

Dec 3, 2005 at 7:32 PM Post #8 of 15
Got my MingDa MC66-AE from Ornec. Good deal, but the contact wasn't excellent. After all I got the tracking number later 3 days or so.

Their price's are unbeaten.

Dec 4, 2005 at 12:04 AM Post #9 of 15
Finally got email response that the US version of the power filter plant is "220 volt only." Duh.....

I think I've had it with 220 volts. The amp is excellent, but I'm putting all this up for sale - just too much hassle.

Dec 8, 2005 at 8:53 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by tankdriver
Got my MingDa MC66-AE from Ornec. Good deal, but the contact wasn't excellent. After all I got the tracking number later 3 days or so.

Their price's are unbeaten.

Never say never.
biggrin.gif

I will get my MC66 for 222 usd shipped to Finland.
eek.gif

And it is not from Ornec. Ornec's prices can be beaten.

Jan 1, 2006 at 3:43 PM Post #11 of 15
Those of you who have a Mingda Meixing MC66-AE, do you like it? Is it worth $299 USD?

Jan 4, 2006 at 8:56 AM Post #12 of 15
I am still eagerly waiting for my Mingda. I haven't received it yet.
frown.gif

Hopefully I will receive it during the next week. Yesterday I received the tracking number.

Jan 4, 2006 at 5:06 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Phone them for the fastest response. I did, regarding the Omega IIs, very fast and nice guy replied.

Did you actually get those Omega II at their introductory price a while back from ORNEC? Because I didn't they first sent me an invoice only to withdraw their offer after two days, asking for almost 50% more.

Jan 19, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
Those of you who have a Mingda Meixing MC66-AE, do you like it? Is it worth $299 USD?

I have now had the Mingda for more than one week (burn in should be done) and I would say that it is worth 300 uds. I have as well Corda HA-1 MK1 and comparison is hard. For me it is hard to tell the differencies.

One of the most obvious issues that I noticed on the very first day is that Mingda is not dead silent as the Corda. During the burn in it might have becoming slightly better - difficult to say. It still can easily be distinquished by the background hum. Secondly I would say that Corda seems to be slightly sharper (highs and mids are precisly where they should be) and the Migda maybe slightly warmer and puncing more (mid)bass.

I have the stock tubes, but Corda has an upgrade with OPA627.

So far I would say that I prefer slightly the Corda (or is it Mingda). Definitely there are some good wibes the Mingda generates.
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #15 of 15
Thanks, silmaauki. I appreciate the comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back