Oritek OMZ vs. MHDT Paradisea
Jan 1, 2010 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

meatwad

Head-Fier
Which would be better for my setup?!

Currently: X-Fi --> Little Dot MK IV SE --> recabled HD580

I like it but I feel like it lacks oomph. And I know I could be getting more out of my headphones and amp with a better source...

Currently I am looking at two used DACs, the Oritek OMZ and the MHDT Paradisea 3. Both are the newest version. Can anyone do a comparison between the two? Or, preferrably, if you've had my gear setup (or something similar ie. 580s, 600s or 650s and a diff. tube amp) your commentary would be most appreciated!

I listen to music across the board, from jazz to classic rock to grunge to classical to rap and so on and so forth. I really float around from genre to genre and listen to things in spurts, so I would like whatever I get to be pretty versatile. I know that both of these DACs are pretty highly regarded, I'm just not sure which one will have better synergy with my HD580s and Little Dot MK IV SE?? both of which I love. This is generally the $350-$500 range I'm looking at.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Jan 1, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #3 of 12
I doubt many have had the opportunity to compare these two DACs side by side. I owned an Oritek V4.1 and I thought it was very smooth, detailed, and engaging. If you can get one for under $425 go for it.

Jan 2, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #6 of 12
I think either one is a good choice. The Audio-gd DAC19 MK III is another terrific choice at just under 500US. In any event all 3 have their strengths and should mate well with the LD amp and Senn 580's.

Peete.

Jan 4, 2010 at 6:23 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by meatwad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nobody votes for the Paradisea, really?!

I like my paradisea but I havent heard the Oritek OMZ so I cant really say whether it is better or not.

Jan 5, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #10 of 12
Decided on pdupiano's OMZ
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back