Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Mar 5, 2023 at 11:27 PM Post #7,276 of 8,096
thank you ! i have the odins and quite like them.

there’s such a hype around traillii, and coming from odins, will it worth the try ?

so many ppl sell these after a while makes me question. sure ppl have different tastes, needs etc. but still i wonder
Many people sell them to afford the next hyped thing that is not as good. When talking TOTL and these prices you really need to audition and make that call yourself. You are listening to a great IEM now, so no need to rush.

Mar 5, 2023 at 11:47 PM Post #7,277 of 8,096
Confirmed about the n8ii vs 1zm2? I used to have both paired with ragnar and n8ii is better, more treble more airy and sparkle, tonality is more liquid.
Yup. But that's totally just my preferences. I wasn't wowed by the sound of the M2 with most of my IEMs, I'm definitely an outlier with that opinion.

On the other hand, I feeled the n8ii did wow me with anything I paired with it.

Mar 6, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #7,278 of 8,096
thank you ! i have the odins and quite like them.

there’s such a hype around traillii, and coming from odins, will it worth the try ?

so many ppl sell these after a while makes me question. sure ppl have different tastes, needs etc. but still i wonder
There’s such a wide spectrum of reasons for why people sell it. Many just want to try it, but once tried, even if they love it they don’t want that much cash tied up in one piece of gear and move on. I think that’s what is happening with the bird, because so many who do sell still speak highly of it in forum discussions. Personally, I don’t think I’ll ever sell mine. You never say never in this hobby, but I find it’s still a sublime nearly daily listen that hits a core sonic signature preference for me, so anything else I look to buy IEM-wise, it’s for complimentary sound signature desires, not thinking about “replacing” my bird. Anyway, just giving some perspective on why I don’t think you can build a narrative on what it may mean when noticing resales on the Traillii. There’s always new things that come out in the hobby, but the length of time that the bird has stayed relevant, I think it’ll be considered a standout legend when looking back years from now. So much gear comes and goes, a few stand the test of time even if they’re replaced at the top of the mountain technologically.

Mar 6, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #7,279 of 8,096
There’s such a wide spectrum of reasons for why people sell it. Many just want to try it, but once tried, even if they love it they don’t want that much cash tied up in one piece of gear and move on. I think that’s what is happening with the bird, because so many who do sell still speak highly of it in forum discussions. Personally, I don’t think I’ll ever sell mine. You never say never in this hobby, but I find it’s still a sublime nearly daily listen that hits a core sonic signature preference for me, so anything else I look to buy IEM-wise, it’s for complimentary sound signature desires, not thinking about “replacing” my bird. Anyway, just giving some perspective on why I don’t think you can build a narrative on what it may mean when noticing resales on the Traillii. There’s always new things that come out in the hobby, but the length of time that the bird has stayed relevant, I think it’ll be considered a standout legend when looking back years from now. So much gear comes and goes, a few stand the test of time even if they’re replaced at the top of the mountain technologically.
I love my Traillii and I doubt I will sell it!

Mar 6, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #7,280 of 8,096
You and me bot
I love my Traillii and I doubt I will sell it!
You and me both, brother! The only real thing that disappoints me about it is I prefer custom over universal in IEMs, but doing some tip rolling is fine and I was able to find tips that are comfortable.

I don’t expect it’ll ever happen, but if they were to ever offer a custom option, I’d buy it in a second.

Mar 7, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #7,281 of 8,096
FOMO would mean if I ever sold the bird, I would miss it. There really isn't anything quite like it. You think IEM's half the price are fabulous. Until you realise there are things that the Trailii do better. It's very inoffensive. I know there was one review on headphones.com that harshly criticised the bird. But with the right source, they sing.

Mar 8, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #7,284 of 8,096
Tips are a personal thing. And depends upon your own fit. What works for one may not apply to others.

Tip rolling isn’t easy given the size of the nozzle. I prefer the stock tips.

Mar 8, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #7,286 of 8,096
i know this might be a personal thing but as a general starting point (with traillii) what tips are giving better results ? i like type-e on odins. but i don’t know which ones should i try with my new trailliis @twister6 perhaps you have some insight on this as i see they’re one of your favourites ?
I am not @twister6, but.
The starting point with Traillii is the stock tips. In my personal opinion, Final Tips Type E is one of the worst things that can happen to many IEMs. They are appropriate in rare cases and for almost every IEM, you can find tips that will work better. For the Traillii in particular, it was bad because it reduced the amount of high frequencies and reduced the control of low frequencies. And this leads to a deterioration in the overall sound quality.

The stock tips will give you a guide to what to look for if you want to preserve and reveal the original Traillii sound. Wide and not long sound channel.
Of course, you won't dig into the topic and look for it, so I did it for you.
Here's my long-standing, extensive post on the selection of Traillii tips.

Mar 8, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #7,287 of 8,096
where can i order them new ?
I sold my traillii a while back, but for some reason I kept the bag of unused traillii tips, brush, and cord clip.

It's $1.45 to send a letter in an envelope to Italy, which should work.

Pm me your addy and I'll take care of it.

traillii tips.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #7,288 of 8,096
i know this might be a personal thing but as a general starting point (with traillii) what tips are giving better results ? i like type-e on odins. but i don’t know which ones should i try with my new trailliis @twister6 perhaps you have some insight on this as i see they’re one of your favourites ?
Usually everyone has their favorites. I find that if I find a set of tips that work with my ear canals really well, they end up being the best for me across most IEMs ( there will always be the exception due to different stem thicknesses of the IEM, etc ). For me, and with the Traillii, the AzlaSednaEarFitLight Shorts are the best. Their wide bore also allows the bass to fire more than most other tips. They are available on amazon and come in multiple sizes.

Mar 8, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #7,289 of 8,096
I have Spinfit 240 with Traillii. They sounds smoother on upper-midrange, but still detailed. The only downside is the sore whenever I tried to put the eartips deeper.

Mar 9, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #7,290 of 8,096
Final Tips Type E is one of the worst things that can happen to many IEMs
wow, i didn’t know that. i find them quite isolating and yet comfy on my ears. never considered the cost in terms of SQ (with odins and u12t). i will look into your thoughts on tips as soon as i find some quality time to digest it.

edit : i read it all. great review ! it surely will be very useful in my journey thru tips. maybe i misunderstood but i see that final type E is in your favourites list ?! can you clarify that perhaps

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back