Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Mar 8, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #6,226 of 8,096
I was reassessing my headphone setup, particularly the Traillii, and whether or not I should retain it long term.

I recently purchased an MHA200 and was underwhelmed by its performance with over-ears to a certain degree. Hooked up the Traillii and what should I say. It sounds absolutely fantastic with upgraded tubes. The Traillii never sounded better to me.

1646754351069.png

Mar 8, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #6,227 of 8,096
I was reassessing my headphone setup, particularly the Traillii, and whether or not I should retain it long term.

I recently purchased an MHA200 and was underwhelmed by its performance with over-ears to a certain degree. Hooked up the Traillii and what should I say. It sounds absolutely fantastic with upgraded tubes. The Traillii never sounded better to me.

1646754351069.png
Sounds like the MHA200 doesn’t have the power for the Susvara and 1266?

Mar 8, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #6,228 of 8,096
As much as I enjoy the Traillii's, my current feeling is that they are overkill for me. I am not sure my ears are even able to pick out the sheer amount of detail these produce! I may consider selling and picking up a 'lesser' IEM such as the Vision Ears EXT, one that I am not too afraid to take out with me whilst walking the dogs :)

Mar 8, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #6,229 of 8,096
Sounds like the MHA200 doesn’t have the power for the Susvara and 1266?
No, power is fine. I acutally did not try the 1266 with the MHA200 as I would not like that sound signature to be "tubed". I mainly listen with the 4z and the sound is not comparable to my Euforia setup. On the other hand the Euforia does not sound very well with my IEMs :upside_down: But both are dead silent with well selected tubes.

Mar 12, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #6,230 of 8,096
So I have a issue with mine, whereby the cable works its way over the tops of my ears, dislodging the seal and its pretty annoying. As the pully that you can use to pull the cables together is so loose its not much use for securing them into my ears. Any tips for getting round this, I imagine if the pull tool (sorry I dont know a name for it) actually stayed put it would be less an issue for me, or perhaps even something rigid that can be put onto the cables as they leave the IEM and go around the tops of my ears.

Mar 12, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #6,231 of 8,096
So I have a issue with mine, whereby the cable works its way over the tops of my ears, dislodging the seal and its pretty annoying. As the pully that you can use to pull the cables together is so loose its not much use for securing them into my ears. Any tips for getting round this, I imagine if the pull tool (sorry I dont know a name for it) actually stayed put it would be less an issue for me, or perhaps even something rigid that can be put onto the cables as they leave the IEM and go around the tops of my ears.
They're called cable sliders, and you can go to the Eletech website to purchase a slider that will snap around the cables between the Y connector and the iem connectors. Many sliders are made for DIY projects and can't be retro fitted without removing the connectors. Hope this may help!

Mar 13, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #6,235 of 8,096
There is a comparison of Twister6 (extremely authoritative) and I have been reading it for some time. I wanted to know if perhaps others had had the opportunity to make another comparison.
Maybe someone tried it at CanJam NYC? Musicteck had both at the table.

Mar 14, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #6,236 of 8,096
Ok Tanchjim eartips might not fit then. It worked on my 3DT and Z1R.
Works on my Traillii. Needed to pull back the outer shell to get on the IEM.

Mar 15, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #6,238 of 8,096
Z1r and traillii are nothing alike…

I found bass on Z1r to be very boomy, treble quite harsh, and mids very recessed.

Fit is also extremely hit or miss, due to the large and unusual shell shape.

From a technical standpoint, traillii trounces it in virtually every way.

Frankly, I was not much a fan of the Z1r, but of course, it’s a very popular iem that gets a lot of love from many.

Here in the bird house, I won’t pull any punches though…

Mar 15, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #6,239 of 8,096
Can you compare z1r and traillii? Anyone compare monarch mkii and Traillii?
My impression is that the Traile has a more "front row concert seating" fell to it that really enlivens the enjoyment.

Mar 15, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #6,240 of 8,096
Z1r and traillii are nothing alike…

I found bass on Z1r to be very boomy, treble quite harsh, and mids very recessed.

Fit is also extremely hit or miss, due to the large and unusual shell shape.

From a technical standpoint, traillii trounces it in virtually every way.

Frankly, I was not much a fan of the Z1r, but of course, it’s a very popular iem that gets a lot of love from many.

Here in the bird house, I won’t pull any punches though…
Yeah that’s what I felt too. I haven’t had the z1r in quite some time.

I’m wondering if the monarch mkii will be similar to traillii

Users who are viewing this thread

Back