Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Apr 19, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #887 of 8,027
Apr 19, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #888 of 8,027
3374CD92-F182-4086-AB93-0667D1819C98.jpeg
from unknown source in China

The mids are off in that measurement. Wonder if whoever captured it ran a sine sweep to confirm the measurement with what they are actually hearing. But anyway.

Apr 19, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #889 of 8,027
Apr 20, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #890 of 8,027
deleted,

*wrong thread

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #891 of 8,027
maybe i'm misinterpreting what you're trying to do.

are you actually trying to build your own iem?
Yep, I heard the Traillii once and loved it, I want to tune my DIY project to a similar frequency response. What did you understand?

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #892 of 8,027
I wasn’t sure exactly why you wanted all the driver information. If you’re actually trying to build your own iem, good luck.

Traillii is indeed a remarkable accomplishment for iems.

Apr 22, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #893 of 8,027
Cross post from Flinkenick’s IEM Shootout thread :

Hi guys,

Rise up this mornin'
Smiled with the risin' sun
Two little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true
Saying', (this is my message to you)

Singing' don't worry 'bout a thing
'Cause every little thing gonna be alright

6A949ECF-CC6A-40F7-896F-C6D8A11DFC36.jpeg

Finally could receive my precious!!
Felt like a kid during Christmas! 🥳

I‘m quite happy with the custom design. It looks pretty nice. Let me know what you think. :)

I managed to test them on the way to work and at work. As expected, the cable is very bad for on the go use case (sorry for rehashing the cable thing, but after my real use case scenario it’s definitely a problem for me) . The shirt clip doesn’t help and the chin slider is useless since it slides back down every 10 seconds. Also while turning the head, the cables from each earpieces rub against each others inside the chin slider which is very annoying. In the end I have to raise the sound as high or even higher than my open back i4 to compensate for rubbing microphonics and stumps from footsteps. I’ll try with my Billow cable to see if it improves on that.
For stationary use though, it’s fine.
So if you plan on using those on the go or while moving at home, it might be a good idea to try another cable. If you plan on staying put, just sit back and enjoy! :ksc75smile:

Now for the SQ, no surprises either since I demoed them so many times during the last 2 months. Just amazing!

Today I tested on -After Hours- from -The Weeknd- and the bass, sense of scale, placement and detail retrieval is nuts on this song!

I‘ll try to share better pictures when I have time (probably during May holidays), as well as some sound comparisons against i4 when Traillii is burned in. I’ll also try to throw in some pictures and sound comparison with Billow cable.

Cheers,

Julien

Apr 22, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #894 of 8,027

Hi guys,

Rise up this mornin'
Two little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs

I‘m quite happy with the custom design. It looks pretty nice. Let me know what you think. :)

I managed to test them on the way to work and at work. As expected, the cable is very bad for on the go use case (sorry for rehashing the cable thing, but after my real use case scenario it’s definitely a problem for me) . The shirt clip doesn’t help and the chin slider is useless since it slides back down every 10 seconds. Also while turning the head, the cables from each earpieces rub against each others inside the chin slider which is very annoying. In the end I have to raise the sound as high or even higher than my open back i4 to compensate for rubbing microphonics and stumps from footsteps. I’ll try with my Billow cable to see if it improves on that.
So if you plan on using those on the go or while moving at home, it might be a good idea to try another cable. If you plan on staying put, just sit back and enjoy! :ksc75smile:

Now for the SQ, no surprises either since I demoed them so many times during the last 2 months. Just amazing!

Today I tested on -After Hours- from -The Weeknd- and the bass, sense of scale, placement and detail retrieval is nuts on this song!

I‘ll try to share better pictures when I have time (probably during May holidays), as well as some sound comparisons against i4 when Traillii is burned in. I’ll also try to throw in some pictures and sound comparison with Billow cable.

Cheers,

Julien
Congrats. I absolutely love the design.....I particularly like the evident but tastefully restrained sparkle, and the way the logo stands out so holographically (lovely reference to the three dimensional capability of the IEM itself).

Apr 22, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #895 of 8,027
For those who still like tip rolling, I stumbled across an unlikely but marvelous pairing.

Recently I wanted to give the Noir's a go with stock tips but noticed the ones I had were totally deformed (because of the way they sit in the cardboard cutout in the box). So I got a fresh set in all sizes. I liked the way they flare out like an umbrella, and are quite short. This is particularly conducive to a good seal and shallower fit.

So, for sh**s and giggles, I took the same size I used on the Noir (M) and put them on the bird. This is, undoubtedly, the most comfortable of all tips I have tried. Stage remains wide, layered, bass is deep and punchy. Perhaps not quite as wide as the Sedna Short but a lot more comfy, and also more stable (can move around a lot and it does not affect the seal).

And best of all these are amongst the cheapest, at $5.99 a set. Well worth a try I'd say (as always, YMMV).

Apr 22, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #896 of 8,027

Hi guys,

Rise up this mornin'
Two little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs

Cheers,

Julien
Congrats! Very gorgeous faceplate design indeed.

As for the cable, spoiler alert, @tawmizzzz will be giving an impression for Iliad + Traillii (and with some other TOTL IEMs). :wink:

Apr 22, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #897 of 8,027
Congrats! Very gorgeous faceplate design indeed.

As for the cable, spoiler alert, @tawmizzzz will be giving an impression for Iliad + Traillii (and with some other TOTL IEMs). :wink:
Nice....I'll also give some impressions of the awesome new palladium plated silver cable I just took delivery of, which I intend to try out with the bird.

Apr 22, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #898 of 8,027

Hi guys,

Rise up this mornin'
Two little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs

Cheers,

Julien
Beautiful...it's nice to see some other non-stock designs.

I admire your patience to wait for the build.

Enjoy!

Apr 22, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #900 of 8,027

Users who are viewing this thread

Back