Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jul 7, 2022 at 5:35 AM Post #6,751 of 8,027
There were Trailliis selling with the stock cable for around that price, so at that price it isn't worth it.
A Traillii without cable was sold before for around $2,500-2,600
But not a black one I suppose
First black I see in a while
For sale at least
Should I get it and sell my red pair ... šŸ¤”
Without cable..
Well if you want a Orpheus you'll need to source one
There where 2 for sale 2 weeks ago
That took in one case hours and in the other case a few days and ... SOLD

Jul 7, 2022 at 5:38 AM Post #6,752 of 8,027
Anyway, I need your advice.
I come from a mdr r10 and I want to approach to the iem world.
Iā€™m convinced about the traillii.
what I would like to know, is it really worth the upgrade from the stock cable to the Orpheus? precise that I give a lot of importance to the soundstage and I want it as natural, and three-dimensional as possible, vast.
possible that a cable really makes all this difference?

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2022 at 5:47 AM Post #6,753 of 8,027
what I would like to know, is it really worth the upgrade from the stock cable to the Orpheus? precise that I give a lot of importance to the soundstage and I want it as natural, and three-dimensional as possible, vast.
Personally I can't comment on the Orpheus since I hesitated and both where sold in a whisper
I bought a PW Audio First Times before both Orpheus popped up so I'm in between or halfway of maxing out the Traillii in performance ... if the combination Traillii / Orpheus is what my ears really like !
All I can add is that most praise it and it adds that magic 'touch' or better sound to it
Some don't so as usual it's all about personal preference and synergy
They upgrade as I did to a First Times and other owners stay with the stock cable
Even others owners prefer a different brand
As you see ... tons of options
And you can only know if you try all what your preference is among them
Never said audio is simple ... šŸ˜‰

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #6,754 of 8,027
I would say two things. Firstly, from everything I have read (have not tried myself) it is a noticeable upgrade; whether it's worth it touches on the value aspect which is nebulous at best and very personal. The second thing I would say is that, on the plus side, an Orpheus is NOT mandatory for the Traillii. It is an incredible IEM in its own right and can be thoroughly enjoyed in stock form. If one wants to add an Orphy at a later stage they can, but it would not detract from the stock cables capability. And there are some people that actually prefer the stock.

Jul 7, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #6,755 of 8,027
There were Trailliis selling with the stock cable for around that price, so at that price it isn't worth it.
A Traillii without cable was sold before for around $2,500-2,600
Yeah for stock color back in March when there was an early influx of other birds for sell. In addition, I donā€™t even think itā€™s possible to customize any more birds even thru MT.

2ACE8D28-C5D9-4413-B0A0-926B37602C58.jpeg
Im also willing to be a bit flexible as Iā€™ve indicated to 3 separate interested parties via PM. Thanks.

Jul 7, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #6,756 of 8,027
No, it is absolutely not worth it. In fact, I find the Traillii stock to be a wonderful cable and when I listened to FT and Orpheus, there was hardly any difference.

Jul 7, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #6,757 of 8,027
Orphy (or anything in life,) is worth it if itā€™s what youā€™re after.

I find the impact the orphy has on the birdā€™s sound to be truly incredible.

Jul 7, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #6,758 of 8,027
Thanks for all your advices.
I can buy a trailli plus orpheus at 5.000 $,and i don't think i need to evolve my gear because as i said i'm coming from a R10,IMHO the absolute best sound heard in any headphone.
I need to be near as possible to my nirvana in portable way,so;if the orpheus improve soundstage, 3D,better slam and dynamic,and add a natural,magical tone,i made my choice

Jul 7, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #6,759 of 8,027
I have a stock Traillii cable Iā€™m willing to part with if anyone is interested.

Jul 7, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #6,760 of 8,027
Thanks for all your advices.
I can buy a trailli plus orpheus at 5.000 $,and i don't think i need to evolve my gear because as i said i'm coming from a R10,IMHO the absolute best sound heard in any headphone.
I need to be near as possible to my nirvana in portable way,so;if the orpheus improve soundstage, 3D,better slam and dynamic,and add a natural,magical tone,i made my choice
That is a good price. If you want a Traillii, I would recommend getting that.

The Orpheus does not improve the soundstage. What it does over the stock cable is provide more bass ( obviously this means allow more bass to be heard ) in depth and at times in impact. This is track dependent.
The mids gain more body and what were already the best mids in the business in terms of accuracy improve slightly. The treble remains just as detailed but can sound a bit smoother as well. All of this is not difficult to hear.
Now the negative, the Orpheus is a thicker and heavier and just as microphonic. I also feel it should be an inch or so longer. I wanted the Orpheus to max it out, but it is not necessary as the stock cable is so good. In fact, I did not really hear an improvement of the First Times over the Stock Cable. With the Orpheus you will hear the difference though these are still slight differences in the sound.
And you can try the Orpheus on some of your other IEMs and get interesting results for fun. I found it not good with my ERLK, but excellent with my Anole VX. Good luck.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #6,761 of 8,027
Personally I can't comment on the Orpheus since I hesitated and both where sold in a whisper
I bought a PW Audio First Times before both Orpheus popped up so I'm in between or halfway of maxing out the Traillii in performance ... if the combination Traillii / Orpheus is what my ears really like !
All I can add is that most praise it and it adds that magic 'touch' or better sound to it
Some don't so as usual it's all about personal preference and synergy
They upgrade as I did to a First Times and other owners stay with the stock cable
Even others owners prefer a different brand
As you see ... tons of options
And you can only know if you try all what your preference is among them
Never said audio is simple ... šŸ˜‰
Agree with all of this. All I can share is my personal experience: listened for a looong time to Bird with stock cable at CanJam Chicago (thanks Andrew). Loved itā€™s sound. Made the decision (mistake?) to A/B the Bird with Orpheus. Was blown away by the difference, and was forced to make some hard financial decisions, lol! Decided to pull the trigger on the Orpheus because I knew I couldnā€™t ā€œunhearā€ the difference and itā€™d haunt me going forward.

Jul 7, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #6,762 of 8,027
Agree with all of this. All I can share is my personal experience: listened for a looong time to Bird with stock cable at CanJam Chicago (thanks Andrew). Loved itā€™s sound. Made the decision (mistake?) to A/B the Bird with Orpheus. Was blown away by the difference, and was forced to make some hard financial decisions, lol! Decided to pull the trigger on the Orpheus because I knew I couldnā€™t ā€œunhearā€ the difference and itā€™d haunt me going forward.
Yeah for stock color back in March when there was an early influx of other birds for sell. In addition, I donā€™t even think itā€™s possible to customize any more birds even thru MT.

Im also willing to be a bit flexible as Iā€™ve indicated
I would say two things. Firstly, from everything I have read (have not tried myself) it is a noticeable upgrade; whether it's worth it touches on the value aspect which is nebulous at best and very personal. The second thing I would say is that, on the plus side, an Orpheus is NOT mandatory for the Traillii. It is an incredible IEM in its own right and can be thoroughly enjoyed in stock form. If one wants to add an Orphy at a later stage they can, but it would not detract from the stock cables capability. And there are some people that actually prefer the stock.
Agree 100%. Despite my love for Trailli with Orpheus, itā€™s amazing with stock cable too. I love having both.

Jul 7, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #6,763 of 8,027
I haven't tried the Orpheus as I mentioned so no clue but as I read it will add the 'magic'
Will I like it or not ... ?
Actually all I bought I never tried and all has always been a blind buy after spending hours and hours reading and asking owners tons of questions
But that Orpheus is sort of missing here
Do I need it ... no
Do I want it ... šŸ˜‰

Jul 7, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #6,764 of 8,027

Users who are viewing this thread

Back