Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Jul 2, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #3,481 of 8,027
I was listening to a very well known album last night by Rolf Lislevand and it opens with some birds off in the distance and with the Traillii I swear I could focus and actually count them. It was so amazingly clear.

Yep and that’s something that’ll never show up on a FR graph.

Jul 2, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #3,483 of 8,027
I remember hearing the Mangird is basically like Linsoul brand aka. Thieaudio. Is this confirmed to be true?
Well, Deng from Linsoul is handling their PR at the very least.

Jul 2, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #3,484 of 8,027
love how the bird is the new "bar" that everyone tries to copy...price similarly to...mimic its fr...draw general comparisons with...

until I hear something that comes close to the bird, I'll just keep smiling and nodding my head to the music.

orphy can't get here soon enough...

Jul 2, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #3,485 of 8,027
I'm not going to go into details...but you guys do know about this guy's character, right?

please read about it...

Jul 2, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #3,486 of 8,027
What is berry bass :D
I think it’s a certain bass you get when attempting to strong arm manufacturers into sending you “permanent” review units or else you’ll trash their products in reviews. When they don’t, you make racial slurs against them and just blame your email that was coincidentally hacked at the same time.

Jul 2, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #3,487 of 8,027
Jul 2, 2021 at 11:56 PM Post #3,489 of 8,027
Hope his priors aren’t too taboo here but I say it like it is.

This guy literally just put out a Traillii and Mason FS review, stating the MEST MKII beats them all. Let’s forget the Traillii for simplicity. Now, I understand sound and preferences are subjective, but… are they really subjective enough to the point where a company is going to market an objectively worse IEM, their own IEM, at three times the cost? I don’t think so.

Now that I think of it, I’ll BRB. I’m gonna head to my local Chevy dealer and buy that Camaro that’s three times as expensive as the better in every regard, Corvette. Oh wait, that’s not a thing because manufacturers aren’t idiots.

Come'on you know you love your Camaro better than the Vette! :sweat_smile:

Jul 2, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #3,490 of 8,027
Cross-post from L&P therad...

img3421.jpg

My goodness... I expected this to be good since many have this combo here but it blew waaaay past my expectations!

Bass comes alive, excellent weight in mid-bass, vocals are natural, and treble is smooth yet it has all the necessary sharp transients. Definitely a better pairing than M8 to my ears. I can't stop...

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2021 at 2:08 AM Post #3,493 of 8,027
how's the orphy doing?

waiting is hard...

:sob:

Jul 3, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #3,494 of 8,027
I think it’s a certain bass you get when attempting to strong arm manufacturers into sending you “permanent” review units or else you’ll trash their products in reviews. When they don’t, you make racial slurs against them and just blame your email that was coincidentally hacked at the same time.
Oh, sounds like a lovely bass😂😂

Jul 3, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #3,495 of 8,027
Tweet, tweet, tweet - the Bird is in da house!!!!

First up - I know people won't be happy with the package, but I care not for fancy boxes, so this suits me well. Wish a more travel friendly case, but otherwise no complaints! This listening done with the 1A, midnight tuning and E region.

Most of my impressions are going to be comparing with the Odin's - as I've been listening to that mostly over the past few weeks. The initial reaction is how laid back the IEMs are - in reflection the Odin's upper mid really is too pushed forward and definitely much more fatiguing than the Bird. No loss of detail on the Bird, but a very different presentation.

My first songs to test are electronic - and the bass really is a surprise with the Bird. Almost as good as the Odin, but with the speed on many tracks you'd not be missing DD. Scary that. I think it's because the Odin lack the sub rumble that the Z1R has which is much more distinct when you're listening to music. Treble is not as peaky and possibly not as much extension as the Odin, but much more cohesive and far more enjoyable with the Bird. Overall it's close between the Bird and Odin in the electronic genre - do I want to be full on in, or more relaxed? I suspect in the long run the latter as detail is a tie.

Moving on to Jazz - this is where the Traillii wipes the floor and leaves the Odin smacked and buried. To be fair, I've never enjoyed the genre with the Odin, much preferred the Z1R, so I expected this. Far more enjoyment, cohesive and outstanding imaging and incredible timbre. Oh and vocals which were in my opinion pretty average with the Odin. I need to listen more, but I'd still give the Z1R a bit of an edge with soundstage height. But width and depth goes to the Bird. I guess the general theme however is the enjoyment of the music and emotion. The Bird does this effortlessly and as @HiFiHawaii808 warned me, end game level for Jazz .

In summary, the Bird tuning is really excellent as I do prefer a mild V in my graphs. I find the Odin's a bit jarring at times now, but lets see! So more listening ahead!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back