Oriolus Szalayi IEM discussion thread
Aug 28, 2022 at 9:47 PM Post #241 of 736
Yu Su trippy on the SZA!

Aug 28, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #242 of 736
Switching gears to light classical, Vivaldi's 4 seasons English Chamber Orchestra...in the first opening minute, the SZA shows, in my opinion superior imaging and detailed placement in the soundstage... The Harpsichord sits precisley to the front right of the strings, and there is an interplay between the lead violin, and several of the (i guess) 2nd strings... You could hear, to the slightest detail, the exact placement of that 1 violin, and the response from the 3 other violins, and you could hear the 3 exact placement, Behind! and to the slight right of the 1st string violin...

The only thing is the bass is a tad boomy, but its only 3 days old with no real burn in per say just normal usage...

Switching to Mozarts requiem from DG and Karajan, the string intro is rich and textured, then when the crescendo happens...we still get boomy bass, but sublime vocals from the chorus, rich, textured and detaled! Warm and smooth...the brass has great timbre....soundstage is a bit claustrophobic on this one....but there is also a sense of granduar. The vocal solist comes in, female, and its heavenly sweet...along with the strings...dreamy!

I think for classical music the SZA is really great. Assuming the bass resolves...

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #243 of 736
Switching gears to light classical, Vivaldi's 4 seasons English Chamber Orchestra...in the first opening minute, the SZA shows, in my opinion superior imaging and detailed placement in the soundstage... The Harpsichord sits precisley to the front right of the strings, and there is an interplay between the lead violin, and several of the (i guess) 2nd strings... You could hear, to the slightest detail, the exact placement of that 1 violin, and the response from the 3 other violins, and you could hear the 3 exact placement, Behind! and to the slight right of the 1st string violin...

The only thing is the bass is a tad boomy, but its only 3 days old with no real burn in per say just normal usage...

Switching to Mozarts requiem from DG and Karajan, the string intro is rich and textured, then when the crescendo happens...we still get boomy bass, but sublime vocals from the chorus, rich, textured and detaled! Warm and smooth...the brass has great timbre....soundstage is a bit claustrophobic on this one....but there is also a sense of granduar. The vocal solist comes in, female, and its heavenly sweet...along with the strings...dreamy!

I think for classical music the SZA is really great. Assuming the bass resolves...
I found the boomy bass came from the stock cable. Changing to a silver cable really tightens the bass right up.

Aug 29, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #245 of 736
I didn't find boomy with N6ii Ti, i thinks depends a lot on Dap matching also

Aug 29, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #247 of 736
Using a copper/silver 8 wire cable now and the bass is much more controlled, and the silver really brightens up the scene and brings out the clarity in the mids... very nice...

Aug 31, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #251 of 736
what cable are you using?
Just the stock from my Penon Serial. My fancy 1K$ cable exploded and is out for repair...

20220831_083110_HDR.jpg

Aug 31, 2022 at 8:37 AM Post #252 of 736
Aug 31, 2022 at 8:48 AM Post #253 of 736
I bet SZA would match very well with LL Westlake, but i didn't test it...

Aug 31, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #254 of 736
I bet SZA would match very well with LL Westlake, but i didn't test it...
I ordered 2 cables off aliexpress that I can't wait to try with the SZA: an 8 wire gold plated silver, and an 8 wire pure silver gold plated + pure silver palladium plated. Should be here in a few days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back