Oriolus Szalayi IEM discussion thread
Sep 15, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #317 of 749
Can you share link to this 8 wire silver cable?
thanks
Links dont always work for me but here is the store...

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1101929486?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.51b41802NpkNKO

Hiclass HIFI Connector Store

here is the link to the cable in case it works...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256804033815872.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.51b41802NpkNKO

the name of the cable is:

Hiclass 6N 8 Core Pure Silver Cable Advanced Headphone Cable 2PIN Or Mmcx

Sep 16, 2022 at 2:58 AM Post #318 of 749
Korrektur heute geliefert!

Ich höre das 8-Draht-Silber und finde es absolut fantastisch ... soooo glatt ... detailliert, musikalisch ... der Bass ist raffiniert und vielschichtig, und die Höhen kommen voll zur Geltung! Wer hätte gedacht, dass der kleine BA-Treiber des SZA für die Höhen so süß klingen kann! Und der Planr-Treiber mit diesem Kabel verschwindet einfach und alles, was Sie bekommen, sind ultrafeine, geschichtete, strukturierte, holografische, großartige Mitten! Ich brauche mehr Zeit, aber von den 3 Kabeln, die ich habe, ist dieses bei weitem das beste für mich, zumindest jetzt ... Das andere vergoldete Silber kann ein bisschen zurückhaltend sein, und das Palladiumkabel kann ein bisschen zu aggressiv sein (hängt von IEM ab, meine Custom Valkyries klingen am besten mit Palladiumkabel!) aber für die Szalayi klingt das 8-adrige Silber wie für die SZA gemacht!
It is very interesting to read their comparisons with the 3 Hiclass cables. I hope you will let us know which one is the best for you. My Szalayi should arrive at my dealer here at the end of the month. I already have the M8. Therefore it is very helpful if you could report something about the cables. I'm really looking forward to your impressions.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #319 of 749
It is very interesting to read their comparisons with the 3 Hiclass cables. I hope you will let us know which one is the best for you. My Szalayi should arrive at my dealer here at the end of the month. I already have the M8. Therefore it is very helpful if you could report something about the cables. I'm really looking forward to your impressions.
The stock cable on SZA is very good but I find it is tuned towards EDM music

Sep 23, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #320 of 749
Well, I have had some time with them, and I love them all! BUT! They do different things, and they do those things very well indeed! The palladium plated silver, gold plated silver cable is very revealing. It opens up the mids, it expands the soundstage, adds extension on both ends. (all 3 do that, actually. Due in no small part to the 8 wire design). The 8 wire cables really open up and add complexity to the soud stage. In the begining the palladiums cables mids were too forward for me, especialy with the SZA. But I found out they suited my other IEMs well, especialy my custom Valkyries. BUT, I also found out that once the palladium cable was broken in with about 100 hours (and counting) the mids really smoothed out, and now it sounds spectacular, even with the Szalayi!

The gold plated silver 8 wire has just as much clarity and extension, but it leans slightly to a more euphonic sound, with lovely sweetness on the top end, and a rich layerd base. Mids are expansive, clear and detailed, and the sound is very relaxed and open.

The 8 wire silver is like plugging in the lights on a Christmas tree on the Szalayi! Its like shining a clear, musical, textured, engaging silver light on all the notes, just frosting them with clarity and resolution. Rich, deep bass. Treble on all 3 cables have great air and extension. I have to believe these cables are doing at least 80% of their boutique counterparts are doing like , well, I won't name names, that aint cool, but lets just look at the 8 wire gold plated silver. Comparable cables sell for $3,600.... Of course they don't have comparable connectors, but I think the actual cables are all close in sound. I mean, if I paid $3,600 for a Horus, and it sounded like the $240 Hiclass, I would have been happy.

20220923_191103.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #321 of 749
Well, I have had some time with them, and I love them all! BUT! They do different things, and they do those things very well indeed! The palladium plated silver, gold plated silver cable is very revealing. It opens up the mids, it expands the soundstage, adds extension on both ends. (all 3 do that, actually. Due in no small part to the 8 wire design). The 8 wire cables really open up and add complexity to the soud stage. In the begining the palladiums cables mids were too forward for me, especialy with the SZA. But I found out they suited my other IEMs well, especialy my custom Valkyries. BUT, I also found out that once the palladium cable was broken in with about 100 hours (and counting) the mids really smoothed out, and now it sounds spectacular, even with the Szalayi!

The gold plated silver 8 wire has just as much clarity and extension, but it leans slightly to a more euphonic sound, with lovely sweetness on the top end, and a rich layerd base. Mids are expansive, clear and detailed, and the sound is very relaxed and open.

The 8 wire silver is like plugging in the lights on a Christmas tree on the Szalayi! Its like shining a clear, musical, textured, engaging silver light on all the notes, just frosting them with clarity and resolution. Rich, deep bass. Treble on all 3 cables have great air and extension. I have to believe these cables are doing at least 80% of their boutique counterparts are doing like , well, I won't name names, that aint cool, but lets just look at the 8 wire gold plated silver. Comparable cables sell for $3,600.... Of course they don't have comparable connectors, but I think the actual cables are all close in sound. I mean, if I paid $3,600 for a Horus, and it sounded like the $240 Hiclass, I would have been happy.

20220923_191103.jpg
This is really a fantastic report. Many Thanks. My szalayi are in the mail today. I am already very excited. Will listen to it briefly and then burn it in first. So from the Hiclass cables I will probably try the pure silver. I think the way you describe it is her favorite too. And I would also like to turn on a Christmas tree again 😂😂😂😂😊😊😊😊

Sep 23, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #322 of 749
This is really a fantastic report. Many Thanks. My szalayi are in the mail today. I am already very excited. Will listen to it briefly and then burn it in first. So from the Hiclass cables I will probably try the pure silver. I think the way you describe it is her favorite too. And I would also like to turn on a Christmas tree again 😂😂😂😂😊😊😊😊
Great choice! Listening now to techno... :smile_cat:

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #323 of 749
The bird landed today. Have only been in burn in mode for 4 hours. Just had a quick listen. It seems to be something special. Especially the musicality. mid range. Yes and the bass is very present. Maybe a bit muddy and slightly bloated. But that changes after the burn-in. But the first impression is very good. Very lively and rhythmic. Goes very well with the M8.

Attachments

• 20220924_214219.jpg
    20220924_214219.jpg
    920.4 KB · Views: 0
Sep 25, 2022 at 12:14 AM Post #324 of 749
Would love to hear impressions of this IEM vs the Thieaudio Monarchs MkII or the iBasso IT-07.

Sep 25, 2022 at 12:42 AM Post #325 of 749
Would love to hear impressions of this IEM vs the Thieaudio Monarchs MkII or the iBasso IT-07.
So I just got the szalayi yesterday. So not burned in yet. The Monarch MK II is more analytical in comparison and not so extremely musical. The bass is also more restrained. Mids and vocals aren't as lively. I had fit issues after a good 2 hours of listening. I also didn't like it that much with the M8. On the DX320 it was ok. For the reason that he suppressed the iBasso typical upper mids a bit. IT07 with the original cable didn't go so well for me on the iBasso DX300 / 320 because of the over-emphasized upper mids. Had a tendency to scream, especially with bright women's voices. Fortunately, this is not the case with the M8. Beautiful, full, warm sound, very good bass and fine, gentle highs. But from the first impression of Szalayi I think that they are to be rated even higher. It is due to the liveliness, timbre in the midrange. I also like highs. Don't sound harsh. As I said, I have to burn in the Szalayi and then make an exact comparison. 😜😁

Sep 25, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #326 of 749
So I just got the szalayi yesterday. So not burned in yet. The Monarch MK II is more analytical in comparison and not so extremely musical. The bass is also more restrained. Mids and vocals aren't as lively. I had fit issues after a good 2 hours of listening. I also didn't like it that much with the M8. On the DX320 it was ok. For the reason that he suppressed the iBasso typical upper mids a bit. IT07 with the original cable didn't go so well for me on the iBasso DX300 / 320 because of the over-emphasized upper mids. Had a tendency to scream, especially with bright women's voices. Fortunately, this is not the case with the M8. Beautiful, full, warm sound, very good bass and fine, gentle highs. But from the first impression of Szalayi I think that they are to be rated even higher. It is due to the liveliness, timbre in the midrange. I also like highs. Don't sound harsh. As I said, I have to burn in the Szalayi and then make an exact comparison. 😜😁
Interesting first impressions. The combination of drivers in this IEM has me very curious about it. Would love to hear more about them after you tested them thoroughly.

Sep 25, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #329 of 749
@szore how would you compare Sza with Hook-X which i see you have? Very interested as I should be receiving my Hook set this coming week and like what I am hearing regarding the musicality, soundstage, and low end of Sza. Cheers
They are on different levels. The Hook is firmly mid tier, the Szalayi is more TOTL. The Hook is very good, very safe, but the SZA is on a different level.

Sep 25, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #330 of 749
My SZA have been running for 30 hours now. I have now changed the cable to pure silver and to Azla Xelastec tips. A damn good seal. And the most important thing: I don't even feel it. Sitting perfect for me. I've been listening across the garden for 3 hours now. I notice that the bass is getting better and better. Tighter and more structured. The mids open up and become smoother. What I have now noticed about the silver cable is that some songs, especially female voices, can sound a bit hard for my taste. Well I'll wait and see if it calms down. I think the SZA definitely needs at least 150-200 hours of burn-in time. Then I'll decide which cable I'll buy for the Sza. At the moment my tendency is more towards pure silver with a gold coating from Hiclass. But overall I am very fascinated by Sza. It is fun. 😊😍😍👍🍻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back