Oriolus Forsteni Impressions Thread
May 20, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #31 of 39
A few steps more i would say. The ES3 has more defined treble region, more crisp and may sometimes sound agressive enough for the genre.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

May 22, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #32 of 39
I've been listening to the Forsteni with my iPhone 7 and the included Lightning dongle adapter. The files are all AAC via Apple Music. Surprisingly good and the dongle seems to add some warmth and weight to mids. Treble is a little laid back compared to better DACs but this is a fine combo for on the go.

Jan 28, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #34 of 39
Not sure if anyone had this issue.

I have a 1 year, 2 months old Forsteni and I just realised the right IEM is making a electrical buzzing sound at every frequency I tested (10-10000hz) at a slightly loud volume.

It’s completely fine at normal volume but if I push it up, the buzzing sound appears.

I’ve tried switching channels, changing cables and 3 sources. May be someone can shine some light on this issue?

Jan 28, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #35 of 39
Not sure if anyone had this issue.

I have a 1 year, 2 months old Forsteni and I just realised the right IEM is making a electrical buzzing sound at every frequency I tested (10-10000hz) at a slightly loud volume.

It’s completely fine at normal volume but if I push it up, the buzzing sound appears.

I’ve tried switching channels, changing cables and 3 sources. May be someone can shine some light on this issue?

From what you describe I think there are 2 possibilities:

1) capacitor in the crossover circuitry may be the cause. As voltage increases it will be louder.
2) the dynamic driver or BA drivers are loose and increase in volume is causing it to vibrate against the housing.

In either case you would need to open up the ear piece to fix which isn't something you can DIY. I would try contacting Oriolus for help.

Jan 29, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #36 of 39
From what you describe I think there are 2 possibilities:

1) capacitor in the crossover circuitry may be the cause. As voltage increases it will be louder.
2) the dynamic driver or BA drivers are loose and increase in volume is causing it to vibrate against the housing.

In either case you would need to open up the ear piece to fix which isn't something you can DIY. I would try contacting Oriolus for help.

I see, thanks for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back