Original Song Written by Me, Please Have a Listen!
Feb 25, 2015 at 4:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Fenn

Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I'm trying to get a little support for our original song call unheard unseen which is my first EVER youtube upload!

I would be truly grateful if you would check it out and let me know what you think! it would mean a great deal to us.  I know it obviously won't be to everybody's tastes - it's sort of acoustic/rock with female vocals, however I'm sure people will be able to appreciate all styles of music on here!!!

Thank you so much and I really look forward to hearing some opinions!

Here is the link! It's a CLIP so it fades in and out! give it a chance :) 

(if you read the description it will all make more sense haha)

Or you can hear it on my channel here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTmYZiaR9MiR_k8PkZ5OzmA

This is all brand new to me and is my first ever try at this so please do go easy!

Thank you very much!

Feb 28, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #4 of 19
Hi mate!

First of all thank you very much for the reply and kind words!!!

It was recorded with a full band, I played the acoustic and electric guitars - I also play piano as well but none on this track!

I'm planning on uploading lots of new material both original songs and some covers to this channel, it's going to be a little hobby of mine! :)

Thanks again mate!

Feb 28, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #5 of 19
Nice demo! Your vocals are kind of reminiscent of some Final Fantasy styled songs, and the song itself feels...quite like J-rock. I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up in the opening or end credits of a dramatic anime. You might want to check out Bandcamp and maybe create a page there for your band and upload your single or album there for streaming, if you haven't already. They have a good system over there. Also, congrats! Pretty good for something that's brand new (for you)!

Feb 28, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #6 of 19
Nice stuff. I particularly enjoyed the bassline during the chorus. Pretty impressive songwriting, especially for a debut. If you record some more please post it to this thread and I'll be sure to check it out

Mar 1, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #8 of 19
Guys thank you so much for the replies and nice things you have said it means a great deal.  And yes I will upload more music to youtube as time goes on, as it will be a little hobby of mine - only because I'm so surprised how well this track has been received!

Thanks again!

Mar 12, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #9 of 19
Guys I'm nearly at 600 (real) views!!!  Which is more than I could have ever imagined haha! and apparently only about 18% of youtube vids reach 600! if anybody can share my track or help with some exposure I would be seriously grateful.

I have no money in this or aspirations to become a 'youtuber' it's purely for a hobby but it's exiting because of the random reason I did it and how well it's been received, and it's passion to share my music. 

Cheers.

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #10 of 19
The vocalist has a beautiful voice, but I personally am not a fan of the wavey way she draws out notes. I think the song is spoiled by that a little. It's probably her style, signature, etc, so I feel a bit harsh in writing that, but perhaps it can be construed as constructive criticism? 

I like the piece generally too - great first upload.

Apr 6, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #14 of 19
Not really my style, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate it!

This is really good, I do mean it. I can hear influences from certain bands, maybe R.E.M?

Really appreciate this mate it says a great deal about you when you can appreciate something that's not even to your tastes.

And quite possibly R.E.M have influenced me as I am a fan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back