original charger for sony d-e905?
Nov 10, 2006 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Harry Tuttle

100+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if I have the original charger for it, I have the ac-e454b which is 400ma output
is there a higher one which could charge the batteries faster that works with this model?
thanks!

Nov 10, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #2 of 7
The question should also be whether the batteries ar able to handle a faster charge. If you charge a battery faster than it was designed to be, it can be permanantly damaged.

Nov 10, 2006 at 11:09 PM Post #3 of 7
Having a ac adapter with a higher mAh than what is required by your PCDP won't charge your batteries any faster. Yes there are variable voltage ac adapters with higher mAh rating that will work with your PCDP. The higher mAh rating means that the adapter will be able to supply more than enough constant amperage to the PCDP so that the adapter won't be over worked in trying to keep up.

Nov 14, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Herandu
The question should also be whether the batteries ar able to handle a faster charge. If you charge a battery faster than it was designed to be, it can be permanantly damaged.

I have panasonic 1350 mah

Nov 14, 2006 at 9:26 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Having a ac adapter with a higher mAh than what is required by your PCDP won't charge your batteries any faster. Yes there are variable voltage ac adapters with higher mAh rating that will work with your PCDP. The higher mAh rating means that the adapter will be able to supply more than enough constant amperage to the PCDP so that the adapter won't be over worked in trying to keep up.

thanks for the info! can my charger which is 400 ma instead of the original which is 700 ma damage my pcdp? I've noticed a part of the pcdp and the charger getting pretty hot when I'm recharging the batteries or using it for a long time

Nov 14, 2006 at 9:55 PM Post #6 of 7
No, the 400 mAh charger won't damage the PCDP. However, it won't be able to maintain the required mAh (700 mAh) that your PCDP needs. Your ac adaptor is being overworked in trying to keep up and meet the mAh demand of your PCDP. That is why you're noticing your ac adapter is extremely hot when you're using it to power your PCDP, it can be a fire hazard if you continue to use it such a manner. Damage could also result to the ac adapter from being overworked. I'd recommend that you get a ac adapter that is of the same voltage as the stock one but with higher mAh rating than what is required by your PCDP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back