Origami
Nov 1, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #16 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by rincewind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh. Funny you should ask that. The rose was the very first thing I folded on this folding stint. Was for a specific purpose.

biggrin.gif
I'll bet, I myself wouldn't fold these for my own entertainment after I've realized how frustrating this one actually is.

So you're saying bigger paper will help make the folding process easier? I'll have to pick up some then, all I have right now is a huge stack of 5" square. Every time I start trying to fold a rose with these, I end up giving up after all the colour disappears from me making so many creases
redface.gif

Nov 1, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #17 of 51
Haha
smily_headphones1.gif
You can make my simplified rose (same as this video but without the 'leaves' at the end). Mine's more of a 'bulb' I guess. Also, this video shows an easy way to achieve the sink fold, which stumped me the first time, going by a different video clip.

The instructions for the horse and some of the other things I've made actually call for larger pieces of paper (they usually state at the start), and it's easier to use thinner/film paper designed specificially for origami, but it's still achieveable with the cheapo stuff from the local art store (what I'm using).

Nov 2, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #25 of 51
Unfortunately I don't know if there are printouts and instructions for one. I got this off of Yamaha's website. There's an even more detailed one I can make but that might be saved for a winter project. Thanks for the comment haha.

Nov 2, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #26 of 51
I lol'ed at the yoda one
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #27 of 51
That bike is pretty cool. It's a cut-out model though :p

Mr Satoshi Kamiya is insane, and let noone tell you otherwise. This one was harder to fold than it looks. I had to adlib the face a bit cos I messed up :p The claws of the design are much more detailed than mine. Original design stands up by itself too. Mine obviously is verticall challenged
wink.gif

med_gallery_20491_2907_18538.jpg

med_gallery_20491_2907_63906.jpg

med_gallery_20491_2907_19648.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back