orientation of connectors on Audeze headphones
Feb 8, 2014 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bpeng

Member of the Trade: Brilliant Zen Audio
For making an Audeze upgrade cable, I need to know the orientation of the connectors as positioned on the headphone body (so that I can make the yoke section plug in without twisting). Can someone take their Audeze, hold it in front of them with the right driver on the left side and left driver on the right side (as though facing someone wearing them), tilt the headphone back, and describe the orientation of the pins? (2 at the bottom, one on top? 2 on top, one on the bottom? 2 on the left? etc.) Also describe the orientation of any notches in the connector that guide the connection.
Thanks,
Mike

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #2 of 9
Not sure why you need the orientation of the pins. Audez'e uses standard 4 pin mini-XLRs. The notches are oriented outward on each channel. Each channel uses pins 1 and 4 for positve, and 2 and 3 for ground.

se

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #3 of 9
I know the pin configuration, but I thought of a simpler way to ask my question. When the connectors are plugged in, where is the release button oriented on each side?

The problem is that I need to construct the cable so that it's not necessary to put a twist in the yoke section. Imagine plugging in the left channel, and then discovering that you have to twist the right connector 180 degrees to get it to plug in.

Mike

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #7 of 9
old audeze face left/right, new audeze face back behind you

Feb 8, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #9 of 9
The ones that were all wood, like mine, face outward. The ones that have the separate metal pieces on them for the connectors face backwards. My bad. I have the older 2s and wasn't thinking of the newer ones.

The connector required a fairly large hole in the wood and because of that, the wood was prone to cracking there. To address that, they designed a separate metal piece for the connector and that assembly gets attached to the wood and uses much smaller holes, avoiding the cracking issues.

se

Users who are viewing this thread

Back