Organising IEM cords
Aug 14, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #16 of 26
I really like the HeadRoom bags, especially the Mini bag. The belt clip is extremely sturdy and actually works. You can just wrap the cord loosely and tuck it into the bag.

Otherwise, I found some nifty mesh bags at BestBuy. They came in different sizes with a diagonal zip and small clip on one corner. I just though everything in one of these. The mesh allows any debris to fall away.

Aug 14, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #17 of 26
well i got some zune headphones for free
headphones arent that good but i really like the little pouch it comes with
US_Prd_ss_full_Zune_Premium_Headphones_V2.jpg

Aug 14, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

If your IEM does not have a case there are various options to store them when not in use, for example:

- Plastic case where electrician's tape comes in.
- Altoid's case.
- Etymotic's cushioned case.
- UE's or Shure's case.

Good luck.

Yeah I got the RE0 without the case
frown.gif

Thanks for the options.

I think it will be a UE or a shure case because I can't get a altoid's case(I dont live in the US and they dont have those here).
I dont think you can get the etymotic's case without the IEM's(well I dont know the website)

Aug 18, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Negaiido /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I got the RE0 without the case
frown.gif

Thanks for the options.

I think it will be a UE or a shure case because I can't get a altoid's case(I dont live in the US and they dont have those here).
I dont think you can get the etymotic's case without the IEM's(well I dont know the website)

I have the UE Case (Metallic and Pocket-ready Hard Case), the RE0 are a perfect fit for the Pocket-ready Hard Case, the cable needs to be wound around 3 fingers and that makes it a tight fit.

I would use the Metallic case because the RE0 fit inside it but they will move around if they're in your backpack/pocket. It's a bit bulky for pockets though, so I'm sticking with the Hard Case.

Aug 18, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #21 of 26
After this case was recommended to me in the JH13 thread (the case JHA supplies is huge), I picked one up and found it perfect for my needs. It's hard enough to be protective, but you can put it in your pocket with comfort, unlike the hard UE case, and I just toss it in my purse, and don't worry about things. I also use the little pouch to keep the wax tool in, but if you have universals, it would be good for extra tips. The price is right too:

Hearing products for hearing professionals :: Westone

Aug 19, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsatia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wind them around my hand before putting it in the case that usually comes with the IEMs. If yours didn't come with a case anything cushioned on the inside but relatively sturdy will do.

+1 same here

Aug 19, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #23 of 26
I use an old case for glasses to hold both my Sansa Fuze and my Head-direct canal-phones. I wrap them around my hand and lay the buds at the opposite side from the Fuze so they don't get crushed.

Glasses cases already have a velvety lining and some of them are pretty good quality, snap shut pretty neatly. Then I can just shove in my bag and go. Also hopefully not interesting to thieves.

Aug 27, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #24 of 26
Well, I prefer to have things in my jean pockets, and since I'm not exactly rich, I like to cram earphones into a metal case before sticking in my pockets. Lots of people say altoids tins are perfect, but I can't find any smaller sized ones here in Vancouver (the only one was the standard 50g one), so I ended up getting other fancy mint tins. I got a black one which is just a bit too thin (they mush down the soft tips a bit when I slide the lid closed, and it seems like quite a tight fit), and a larger white one which only has a pop up lid.

I roll them up around 3 fingers, put the cord in first, and leave the most important parts at the top. I don't know if that's particularly healthy for the cord to be rolled up all the time... but I have yet to find a better solution. Buying those specialized earphone pouches are just too annoying (shipping.. :X).

Some pictures,

dsc01168shrank.jpg

dsc01167shrank.jpg

dsc01166shrank.jpg

Indeed, yummy
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 27, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After this case was recommended to me in the JH13 thread (the case JHA supplies is huge), I picked one up and found it perfect for my needs. It's hard enough to be protective, but you can put it in your pocket with comfort, unlike the hard UE case, and I just toss it in my purse, and don't worry about things. I also use the little pouch to keep the wax tool in, but if you have universals, it would be good for extra tips. The price is right too:

Hearing products for hearing professionals :: Westone

The plain Westone case is the best bet for any headphones. Great price, awesome quality and isn't metal hard but sturdy enough to throw in your pack and not have to worry about it. When you get anything metal, it just scratches and makes noise when it touches anything. Dangles in your bag. Buy a couple of the Westone ones and they'll suite your needs.

Aug 27, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #26 of 26
The ultimate ears case is excellent. No zippers to worry about, It is my favorite case by far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back