Organic sounding bluetooth DAC/AMP?
May 5, 2024 at 9:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AnamCeoil

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

Currently using the Qudelix 5K for my OTG listening (running, cycling, strolling, hiking etc) .It is a powerhouse of a unit, with amazing versatility, PEQ, app and more- in short, a tweakers delight. The thing is, I just can't get away from the sound which, irrespective of whether PEQ I'd active or not, just sounds thin, tinny and "false" to my ears. I use it mainly unbalanced for the Moondrop Aria, Truthear Hexa, Binary x Gizaudio, and Meze 99 Noir.

I really like the IFI gear I have (Dac, Zen Can, Zen Blue, Hip Dac V1) which sounds very warm and natural to my ears, and so am considering the Go Blu. It's a bit pricey, particularly once I get the case with clip which is essential for my use case, but happy to spend that amount if it scratches the itch.

Was wondering if anyone with more experience in this knows of other Bluetooth DAC/amps which are as convenient in size and form factor, and which sound organic, natural (maybe with a hint of warmth), and good timbre?

Thanks in advance!

Alan

PS- apologize for the adjectives - not great at describing audio, but these words are as close as what I imagine to describe my preferences.

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 8:27 PM Post #2 of 3
DACs and Amplifiers try for transparency, to get warmth you have to switch IEMs. Poweramp for Android has tone controls, which might be the way to go before spending money. It's easy to adjust with the two dials, and they have a free version to see if that warms things up with what you've got. I like it since you can set equalizer settings per song, and the Autoeq presets make it a breeze when switching headphones or IEMs to get a profile loaded.

May 5, 2024 at 9:43 PM Post #3 of 3
i'd advise a FiiO BTR model, which you can tweek to sound a bit warm with the eq. these are great value, and sound great for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back