Oct 13, 2004 at 2:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

New Head-Fier
/.
eggosmile.gif

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2004 at 3:38 AM Post #2 of 10
Hey mate how are you? Leeming boy here
smily_headphones1.gif

It depends on what method of shipping that you use with certain methods atracting more attention from customs (cant remember off the top of my head which ones) than others. To make sure you dont get pinged just ask the person you are buying from to label the goods as 'gift' or 'second hand' but never label the package as valued below the limit as this removes any chance of insuring the item in the case of loss on the shipping companies error.

Cheers and good luck with your purchase.
-jake

Oct 13, 2004 at 5:30 AM Post #4 of 10
i got my headsave classic without problem at all.
its better to use registered post with trackable packaging service (online tracking) so you will know whats happening and its safer.

Oct 13, 2004 at 8:25 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by guchiguh
so you think a AUD$130 SUper Mini moy would come in with no troubles? I am thinking of just using normal Air Mail, since I have to dish out another 50 bucks for faster alternative~

Just use normal air mail and you'll have no trouble. Cease fretting and anticipate happily.
lambda.gif

Oct 13, 2004 at 12:56 PM Post #9 of 10
just get it shipped using the official postal service of that country and you will be safe.
I have had an extended chat with a customs guy who told me that often it is better to use postal services cos' insurance claims if any are processed faster thatn private shipping plus the higher $AU1000 ( shipping + goods cost) lim9it helps too.
biggrin.gif

as for a cmoy, you might want to check out snufkin's website.
He has the Meta42 amp shipped ( not sure if shipping free???) for $AU169

Oct 13, 2004 at 1:42 PM Post #10 of 10
I got my stuff imported from Japan/Singapore vis EMS and no duties applied whatsoever. EMS and the postal like is pretty safe. it is TNT,FedEX, and other courier companies that are more likely to stuff you over with customs duties since customs tend to check courier parcels much more throughly. My opinion is to use EMS for anything over USD150. It is traceable, cheap (compared to courier's), and speedy as well.

Also under-declaring is also a gamble not only on insurance value, but also if customs believe that it is too low they can ask you to provide a proper quote of the product being imported.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back