Ordering Stax at Audiocubes, is it a risk?
May 24, 2005 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

barilie

New Head-Fier
I've some questions about ordering Stax products at Audiocubes or Eifl instead of a local dealer (Europe in my case).
  1. Concerning the lack of 'real' warranty, can one trust on the solidness of a Stax headphone and energiser? What is the experience of Stax owners? How fast they needed to repair something?
  1. Is a tube amplifier more delicate in use than a solid-state amp?

May 24, 2005 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by barilie
I've some questions about ordering Stax products at Audiocubes or Eifl instead of a local dealer (Europe in my case).
  1. Concerning the lack of 'real' warranty, can one trust on the solidness of a Stax headphone and energiser? What is the experience of Stax owners? How fast they needed to repair something?
  1. Is a tube amplifier more delicate in use than a solid-state amp?

Hi barilie,

I stay in Italy and I have ordered (in the past) the Stax systems (Omega + SRM 717 and SRM 007t) from Audiocubes and from EIFL, no any problem I had with them, just a price incredibly better than my italian dealer...

The two Stax drivers are very well built, just a different in sound as generally the tubes gear respect to the SS gears...

Best!
Nicola

May 25, 2005 at 10:30 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks Nicola for your positive answer!

I'm a lover of classical music, so I wondered if the SRM-717 could be an alternative to the tube amp? I heard the Omega2/SRM-007t, but not the solid-state. Because I agree with some Omega-owners that it is a bit of dark headphone, maybe this aspect decrease in combination with the SRM-717?

Barilie

May 25, 2005 at 10:40 AM Post #4 of 5
Yes, the SRM 717 is a very good companion fo rthe Omega II.

Best!
Nicola

May 25, 2005 at 10:43 PM Post #5 of 5
I ordered the fifty dollar MD-33s from Audiocubes and they sent two by mistake. When I notified them they had me send them to Maryland (i think) and they credited me with 15 bucks: great communication and no issues. Didn't think i'd be ordering from them again, but I keep thinking of selling all of my gear and going for the Stax.

Good luck to you, and I haven't heard of any problems from them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back