Ordering headphones and soundcard from USA to Europe?
Jul 23, 2008 at 7:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Saana

New Head-Fier
So i wanted order earphones and soundcard from America, because they're half of the price in there, than in Finland.
I mainly listen Metal, and Grind core. I we're thinking about buying HD-555's.
smily_headphones1.gif

But where should i order, i found 2 shops but the shipping was 100 dollars.. :/ Can anyone help? :3 and suggest earphones for about 100 dollars.

Jul 23, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #2 of 9
Have you tried looking somewhere else?
Pixmania or ebay pops to mind.

Because you'll have to be really lucky for customs not to charge you. It's around 20% + handling...

Jul 23, 2008 at 7:33 AM Post #3 of 9
If you like metal and grindcore, a set of Ultrasone 780s might be a good fit.

Just browsing through their site, it looks like the have a distributor in Finland, Starlike Oy, in Vantaa? Not sure what normal distributor prices are like over there, but that'd cut the international shipping and customs fees.

Amazon.uk sells sound cards too, although I'm not sure how all the shipping and customs stuff in Europe would work out if you ordered something from there.

Customs services rather annoy me, in whatever aspect they work.

Jul 23, 2008 at 8:02 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicLemming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you like metal and grindcore, a set of Ultrasone 780s might be a good fit.

Just browsing through their site, it looks like the have a distributor in Finland, Starlike Oy, in Vantaa? Not sure what normal distributor prices are like over there, but that'd cut the international shipping and customs fees.

Amazon.uk sells sound cards too, although I'm not sure how all the shipping and customs stuff in Europe would work out if you ordered something from there.

Customs services rather annoy me, in whatever aspect they work.

Those Ultrasone 780's are too expensive :/ I only have less than 200€ :x

Jul 23, 2008 at 8:41 AM Post #5 of 9
Why don't you try a big German retailer like Thomann Cyberstore. Their prices and shipping costs are very reasonable. They don't have all brands, but they do carry a good selection of Beyerdynamcs, AKG and some Audio Technica. As for Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.de, I'm pretty sure they don't ship electronics outside of their country of operation.

Jul 23, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #7 of 9
Unless you have a shipping location you can use in the USA to have packages forwarded to you, it's really not worth the bother to order things from there and have them shipped here since virtually every store has USA- or North America-only shipping policies, and when they do ship to the EU, they charge an outrageous amount for shipping (not to mention how badly these places gouge Canadians with their shipping rates).

Overall, I think it's better to limit the gear you buy to things that aren't overpriced in the EU compared to in the USA. AKG's pricing in the EU, for example, is pretty fair considering that there is 22% VAT included in the prices in Finland. Sennheiser is also not too bad in that regard. Grado, on the other hand... forget it!

Jul 23, 2008 at 10:56 AM Post #8 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back