Ordering from Firestone Audio
Nov 23, 2005 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

kdread

100+ Head-Fier
Has any one ordered anything using Firestone Audio's home page?

I tried to order today, but I got kind of confused after entering my order information.

Basically, when I go to check-out, their page asks me for my name and address. Then after this is entered it shows me a total, and says "Status of Delivery:processing your order now."

However, I have not been asked for payment info or given any instructions about how to pay. I know that on their front page there is a paypal button.

Am I supposed to get an email or something, or is it up to me to go to the paypal site and enter the Firestone email address and amount to send?

I have bought stuff through paypal before and usually it is a little more painless. I don't want to send money unless I am sure I am sending to the right place, and that the order is going to be sent out...

Nov 23, 2005 at 4:03 PM Post #2 of 16
Got a reply from Firestone, very quick!

Although its not totally clear on their page, I have managed to complete payment, but ugh, not the best web-store thats for sure.

I am confident in them though, I can't wait to review the product!

I will be reviewing a Cute Beyond using several sources and compared to a Perreaux SXH with a couple different headphones including my Porta Pros, ATH-A900's, some DT770 Woodies and my Grados... and anything else I can dig up.

Nov 23, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #3 of 16
Congrats on your purchase (and moderately sorry about your wallet)
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm anxious to read more about the Beyond!!

Nov 23, 2005 at 6:28 PM Post #5 of 16
i should be getting a firestone amp in a few days for some audition purposes.

Ill post an in depth review of my experience with the amp in the coming weeks

Nov 23, 2005 at 6:28 PM Post #6 of 16
Yeah I am very curious so will post a review for sure. Most of the other reviews I have heard just say "good value, looks cute" which is not really very in-depth. I bought this amp for use on my desk at work, not as a home amp, so I do not expect it to be the greatest thing in the world.

I do not have experience with better headphone amps than the perreaux (which I think sounds very good) so I can't do too much of a shootout amp-wise. I have never heard a lot of the more popular amps
frown.gif

Nov 23, 2005 at 10:19 PM Post #7 of 16
My own hope would be that the Cute Beyond can fight face to face with your Perreaux...

Nov 24, 2005 at 2:15 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by kdread
Yeah I am very curious so will post a review for sure. Most of the other reviews I have heard just say "good value, looks cute" which is not really very in-depth. I bought this amp for use on my desk at work, not as a home amp, so I do not expect it to be the greatest thing in the world.

I do not have experience with better headphone amps than the perreaux (which I think sounds very good) so I can't do too much of a shootout amp-wise. I have never heard a lot of the more popular amps
frown.gif

You may want to glance at our mini-meet thread for some impressions of the Cute blocks (amps, DACS and Supplier power supply):

NYC mini-meet … and Cute modules

Nov 24, 2005 at 3:03 AM Post #9 of 16
Hi Kdread
Sorry about the inconvenience.
We are updating our shopping procedure pages and hoping to provide better service.
Thank you for your feedbacks.

Soon there will be some comments and reviews about the Firestone products. At the mean time please check the Romanee's NY mini meet link and gerG's early impression thread for some early thoughts.
Thank you.

Nov 24, 2005 at 3:15 AM Post #10 of 16
kdread, I use a Perreaux amp at work. Well, I did anyway. Just for fun I took the Big Joe to work to try out with my DT880 in the office. I did a couple of plug swaps between the Spitfire + Joe combo vs my Emu 1220m + Perreaux. The result was shocking. The Emu combo sounded warm but very murky, with a substantial loss in detail. I initially blamed the Emu card, but some cable swapping pointed to the Perreaux as the culprit. It is one of the first gen units, so maybe it is not a representative sample.

I would like to repeat this particular comparison, but unfortunately the Perreaux is in a drawer at the office, and I am neither in a drawer nor at the office
tongue.gif
I can recheck next Monday.

gerG

Nov 24, 2005 at 2:59 PM Post #11 of 16
J@ck: Not a problem, I was happy to hear back from you so quickly.

Re: Mini-meet, I had checked out that thread, it helped me decide to buy, but I still think someone should do a better review
smily_headphones1.gif
It might not be me though since I am not that experienced of a listener.

Dec 5, 2005 at 12:47 PM Post #12 of 16
Kdread, mind telling us what sort of instructions you received? I've already emailed FA support, of course, but maybe this will be the faster way to receive info.
wink.gif

Dec 5, 2005 at 1:13 PM Post #13 of 16
Bought both their DACs and have had to return them (for reasons other than quality). They are excellent quality, beautifully boxed, and carefully shipped.

Customer service has been excellent and prompt on all issues (at least so far; am in process of return and haven't gotten refund yet, but outstanding service so far has me optimistic all will go well).

Agree that Website is confusing. I had to f/u with email to determine that I actually had bought the merchandise, but there it was several days later, exactly as ordered, with no surprises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back