Ordering from Blue Jeans Cable ?
Oct 27, 2007 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Sweet Spot

1000+ Head-Fier
Quick question for anybody who has ordered from these guys:

Is the order form truly necessary ? I was about to place an order for speaker cable and IC's, and saw that their "primary" means to process a CC order is through Paypal. I don't deal with PP. I also see that they have secondary means through a regular CC processing center.

When selecting one item for purchase though, the continue shopping button doesn't work, and ultimately leads me to choose the check out page, where there's a "back to blue jeans" button that does work, but when it's pushed it leads to a page that asks if I have a problem in ordering ?

So, is this really just a way to get me to use the order form w/fax ? I'm a bit confused by the process really.

I also just realized as I was actually able to get all the items I wanted in the basket, that besides the Paypal logon, there's the regular ol' "Pay With Credit Card" form right next to the PP login. Um, this is what confuses me. They say that if you pay by credit card, you should submit the order form by fax with an itemized list of goods from the basket.

But then, why would this forum exist and be independent of the PayPal log in ? What am I missing here ?

Doug

Oct 28, 2007 at 10:00 AM Post #2 of 15
PayPal is BJC's credit card processor. You don't need to create a PayPal account to pay with a credit card through them. Just add your items to the cart and click Proceed to Checkout.

Otherwise, your options are check or money order, or faxing the order to them.

And yes, the "Continue Shopping" button is broken, but it doesn't matter. You can close the cart window and your session data will still be saved and recalled when you add another item.

Oct 28, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PayPal is BJC's credit card processor. You don't need to create a PayPal account to pay with a credit card through them. Just add your items to the cart and click Proceed to Checkout.

Otherwise, your options are check or money order, or faxing the order to them.

And yes, the "Continue Shopping" button is broken, but it doesn't matter. You can close the cart window and your session data will still be saved and recalled when you add another item.

Ok, gotcha. I'm just a bit wary about sending any personal/private info to the PayPal corp. They're a seedy bunch IMO, and had a really evil experience with them and never intend on throwing any business their way again if I can help it. Though, the whole 'fax' thing sounds like a really tedious process, as well as a way to get something messed up a long the way, so I guess I'll have to choose my evils carefully. Thanks for the heads-up.

Doug

Oct 28, 2007 at 1:30 PM Post #4 of 15
Just pick up the phone and use their 800 number.

More than likely the owner will answer the phone then answer any and all questions. He'll make up the cable/cables that day (or asap) and ship the day they are complete.

Great folks there!

Oct 28, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by pageman99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just pick up the phone and use their 800 number.

More than likely the owner will answer the phone then answer any and all questions. He'll make up the cable/cables that day (or asap) and ship the day they are complete.

Great folks there!

I was thinking of doing that, but from reading the instructions on the site, it seems like that is the less preferred way to go about ordering anything, and I wanted to avoid being a pain in the ass customer out of respect. But if you can confirm that this is commonly done, then I'll reconsider.

Out of curiosity, do you know if they make their speaker cables with the flex sleeves ? Because I don't see the option. Which probably means no.

Oct 29, 2007 at 5:50 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Spot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking of doing that, but from reading the instructions on the site, it seems like that is the less preferred way to go about ordering anything, and I wanted to avoid being a pain in the ass customer out of respect. But if you can confirm that this is commonly done, then I'll reconsider.

Out of curiosity, do you know if they make their speaker cables with the flex sleeves ? Because I don't see the option. Which probably means no.

They're very responsive to questions... Even if the option isn't listed, you might ask about it; maybe they'll add it for a few extra dollars.

Oct 30, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #7 of 15
Call him, I'm sure he'll be happy to hear from you. Trust me, new orders are never a PITA.

Oct 30, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prozakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or you could buy your cable sheaths from Parts Express and DIY it.

http://www.partsexpress.com/mfg/tech...TOKEN=69969735

Oh, that's very cool... Which size would you suggest, the 1/4" thick one ? Those go for about $6 and change.

Oct 30, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #11 of 15
Seems like a very neat and easy mod once you know the right size. I'll figure that out, thanks ! I'm probably getting the BJ 10-gauge 5T00UP (unless that's total overkill ?) cable.

Oct 30, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #13 of 15
That was awesome. Just got off the phone w/Blue Jean and talked to a really nice rep who placed my order. Not only that but he answered my questions very honestly and saved me some money in the process ! I like the honesty. His opinion on the techflex stuff is that for speaker cable it's a waste of money because for one, it isn't actually as flexible as the regular cable.

Secondly, he said that it lessens whatever qualities give it the NEC ratings that it has, so they don't recommend it for speaker wire. He also stated that though it shouldn't do much for harming IC's, that he agreed with me in that it serves no purpose other than that of an aesthetic one.... I wouldn't do it to an IC anyway because it's all behind your stuff. Perhaps for bundling cables, but there are other solutions out there for that kind of thing.

Anyway, thanks for the help all. Should be getting my 25' of 12ga gray sleeve speaker cable and 2' stereo IC's either Thursday or Friday !
cool.gif

Oct 30, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prozakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I knew it was purely for looks. I assumed that was the goal. Sorry.

Oh, not at all. I knew it was all for looks as well. But after hearing what his thoughts on it was in general, I'd rather not sacrifice anything else just for the sake of that. No biggie. Thanks.

doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back