ordering from amazon
Sep 11, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #31 of 60
I also have been buying from Amazon for a long time. I think that people who have a bad experience make it a point of making sure to give a bad review.

Sep 11, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #32 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by werdwerdus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
amazon is great. Their free super-saver shipping is SLOW though, ordered some cds last night (sept. 10) and they are expecting them to be delivered sept. 24 - sept. 28...

I have experienced the same thing and I came to find out it was because of product availability. When I went back and read the ad, it said that the product would not be available for a few days and that's why it took so long to ship. I have used super saver several times and received the product within a 5 business days.

Sep 11, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #34 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am 100% loyal to Amazon. They have the best prices and customer service. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, regardless of the vendor - they pay you back on the spot. Most of the time you don't even mail back the product of issue.

that's good to know. i usually limit myself to amazon stuff. maybe i will branch out now. but amazon is great. it really is the first place i go when buying something online, regardless of what it is.

Sep 11, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #36 of 60
I got my 650s from them, only £7 for express delivery. Guaranteed delivery, usually next day.

Sep 11, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #37 of 60
in the last year and one month (first order i ever made from amazon was on august 11th 2006) i've done 6 transactions with amazon... only complaint was the one item that didn't ship directly from amazon (one of those marketplace sellers) took it's time arriving

even with super saver shipping amazon orders generally arrive one day after being shipped (it's just that super saver tends to take longer before they ship it)

Sep 12, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #40 of 60
I've been buying music and equipment from Amazon.com for years. I bought my 7509HD from J&R through Amazon, and now bought my Denons through Amazon.

Not only have I never had a problem, but they offer service contracts on your products if you choose to buy them. I did for my Denons for $29.99.

I'd recommend purchasing through Amazon to anyone. They are probably the most reputable seller anywhere on the internet.

On the other side of the coin though, I've done work for customers who have needed to put images of their products on Amazon. Their business department is horrible and does not care about the smaller customers they list products for. They couldn't even figure out how to use one out seven image formats I sent them. They refused to deal with any of us by phone and only through e-mail.

Excellent online e-tailer..... Horrible customer service for business.

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #41 of 60
My better half and I are frequent buyers with Amazon... in fact, we signed up for Amazon Prime... all our purchase experiences have been fantastic, including headphone gear.... all our returns as well have been effortless and trouble free. I totally agree that they're probably the one of the most reputable large-scale retailers on the internet.

Sep 12, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #42 of 60
I order from Amazon all the time and they are top notch. They are my "go-to" vendor for everything. If you buy from them a lot (say, at least once a month), you should also consider Amazon Prime which can reduce your shipping costs (but only if you shop there often).

However, sometimes Amazon has products listed that aren't sold by them but their affiliate merchants. I found these merchants to be a little bit slower than Amazon but still reputable with good service. Hope that helps.

Sep 12, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #43 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by ounkchicago /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I order from Amazon all the time and they are top notch. They are my "go-to" vendor for everything. If you buy from them a lot (say, at least once a month), you should also consider Amazon Prime which can reduce your shipping costs (but only if you shop there often).

And shipping costs today are cheaper than getting in your car and driving around looking for a product. Gas is so expensive that it's just cheaper to get the product shipped to you!
wink.gif

Sep 12, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #45 of 60
Amazon is solid, but it is the 3rd party vendors that can sometimes run you into problems--most times they give good service and better pricing than Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back