Ordering Accessories from Bowers & Wilkins USA-Not so great An Experience
Aug 30, 2021 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jazz1

1000+ Head-Fier
Two and half months ago. I ordered some accessories/parts from B&W for my MM1 Computer Speakers and headphones (a headphone plug adaptor and cable extension for the MM). Recently I received notice from some company called Encompass that one part of the order was cancelled (by them) and one was on the way, finally :rolling_eyes:.

Well now the part is bouncing around the FEDEX delivery system. Get this, B&W/Encopass required a signature for a $13.00 headphone plug-in adapter. FEDEX keeps giving me delivery dates, many of them, and then there is notice of no delivery date in particular.

So I tried to CHAT online with Encompass. No live chat available during my attempt, and so I left an online fill in the blank message.

1. Yes I know the MM1 is discontinued.
2. Yes, I know that the pandemic has messed things up, but these items were listed as in stock.

What brings me to rant a little is that today I ordered some ear cushion replacements for my B&W P9's. Yes, another discontinued product :confounded: I thought I'd better order some ear pad replacements before they are no longer available for these somewhat expensive headphones (reviled by many, but I like them). Note the pair costs about $86.00+ dollars.

Has anyone else experienced issues ordering from B&W for parts? Does anyone know who this go between Encompass is?

I think I'll give it a couple of days and then call B&W directly. I have written how well their support, at least for non-end-of life products are. But, I hope their really high end/expensive stuff gets better support for repair or replacement parts. But should that matter?

I suppose I should have also ordered replacement for my PX7's headphones while I was at it.

Feb 19, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #2 of 3
I tried to get earpads for my sony mdr-sa5000 for a whole year from this company. I just gave up eventually. I'd contact them every two months or so, and they'd say they have them in stock in two months. But never really had them in stock. I believe all of these companies are the same. encompass, partstore, applianceparts. Who knows where they source discontinued parts from.

Feb 20, 2023 at 10:21 PM Post #3 of 3
I know it will be tough, but there are those who will specially create clones of certain OEM parts, like how Dekoni Audio will take the dimensions of sample ear pads that you send to them for measurement and possible production. This goes for passive speakers as well, but active speakers may need specific electronic parts for amp sections and such.

If you do not mind waiting for overseas shipping, then Alibaba.com and Aliexpress.com are great places to find specific electronic parts for DAC/amp sections and you may even find specialty ear pads created in solid, perforated, or other designs with real leather, suede, or other materials. Just search on at least those sites and see what you can find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back