Ordered Westone UM1 & EP630
Oct 1, 2006 at 3:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mr56k

500+ Head-Fier
Well im becoming more of a iem user as my full size cans collect dust for the most part. Seems like im always listening outta my macbook or outta my ipod anyways. So yesterday with some money I had built up in paypal I purchased the Westone UM1's and some Creative Ep-630's. I had heard in previous posts that the um1's had more of a laid back sound which I prefer and that the creative ep's were really good bang for the buck. Im hoping with one of these they will be comfy for longer listening sessions then I could get outta my Supfer.fi's. I have heard the comply foam tips really help in this area. Both should be here sometime next week so ill report then.

Oct 2, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 9
Anyone make any comparison's to what the Westones sound like? Or maybe how good the ep-630's sound?? Or any info I should need. I did a search on um1's and looks like its a mixed bag on user comments good/bad.

Oct 2, 2006 at 2:30 AM Post #4 of 9
I sold my iM716's for UM1's, and I don't regret it at all. No microphonics, much more bass, and more natural sounding. Although there is less detail, there is more bass. I can't say about the bass extension, as I didn't have time to compare the two. Much more comfortable than the 716's, for my ears at least. It's definitely less analytical and more chill. My only complaint is that it can sound boring to me sometimes, although I still find it a fun IEM.

Oct 2, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #5 of 9
Sounds like my kind of IEM
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2006 at 3:12 AM Post #6 of 9
Yea im hoping there is still good amount of detail but more of a laid back/non fatiguing sound. I wanna be able to listen to these for short or longer sessions. I do like that im hearing from other users they are really light.

Oct 2, 2006 at 3:18 AM Post #7 of 9
It's not like these don't have any detail, it's just that the 716's did exceptionally well with detail in the price range. FYI, I used to sleep with these on. Extremely comfortable.
tongue.gif

Oct 2, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #8 of 9
I'm quite happy with my UM1s. I went from E2 to E4 to UM1 w/UM56s on em. They sound almost as good as the E4s. Unfortunately now that I have a little more money in the pocket, I'm kind of itching to get some E4s and pair em with my UM56s
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back