Ordered some Beyer DT770-80 headphones
Sep 22, 2008 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Bryan T

100+ Head-Fier
A friend just got a pair of these and I had the pleasure of trying them out. Very comfortable and the sound was amazing. I heard details in recordings that I haven't heard with my other headphones (Sennhesier 580, 570, 280 and Grado SR-60). When I listen to my Grados now I can kind of hear the details that I heard on the Beyers, but nowhere near as clear or as 3D. The Beyers made me realize just how much I'm missing with the Grados. Can't wait to get them!

Bryan

Sep 22, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 5
I just ordered a pair of dt880s myself and im excited to hear them. Im also puttin money aside for a Woo3 amp. I sold my denon 2000s because they were made by my little sister on her barbie garage tool set. In other words they fell apart. Was he running an amp ?? if so which one?

Sep 23, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #5 of 5
I received the headphones today. First impressions are positive. The bass is definitely fuller than other headphones that I've had, so I'm going to have to get used to that. The soundstage is much better than the Grados, as is the detail. I'm revisiting a lot of old albums and hearing new things.

Definitely a good buy for $150.

Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back