Ordered SA6...want Q-Jays? Need advice.
Oct 29, 2009 at 7:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

backtoreality15

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys. I ordered SA6s and are due in soon. I listen to tons of trance, but also enjoy other music too (Bloc Party, Sara Bareilles, R&B). I found out after I got them that the SA6s have trouble keeping up with fast-paced trance music due to the single driver. I also read that the Q-Jays perform very well on Trance. Unfortunately, I can't demo both of these side-by-side, so to the people who have heard both, what's your advice? Is trance really that bad with the SA6s?

I'd be down 40 dollars if I made the switch including the price difference and shipping....
angry_face.gif

Oct 29, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #3 of 9
I never heard the Q-Jays, but I don't really listen to trance. But, from what I remember of the SA6 it didn't sound slow at all. It being a single driver doesn't mean it's slow. But, the SA6 had great detail and clarity. I say keep them and try them out, since they're on their way. what is the return policy?

Oct 29, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #4 of 9
I think 100% refund. They don't have any exception about earbuds on their website.

Oct 29, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #5 of 9
How are you using the SA6? I'll say the SA6 isn't super transient, but it's not exactly mud either. If you want something sharper, more dynamic, you might instead look at the PFE. The SA6 just doesn't do bad in its own right, but it does vary a good bit by what filters you use as well as how you insert them into your ear.

Oct 29, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvw2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How are you using the SA6? I'll say the SA6 isn't super transient, but it's not exactly mud either. If you want something sharper, more dynamic, you might instead look at the PFE. The SA6 just doesn't do bad in its own right, but it does vary a good bit by what filters you use as well as how you insert them into your ear.

I am running it from my SVDAC06 DAC/HeadAmp. So I let them burn in with pink noise for a couple hours and am now using it with the Bass+ and Treble= port. I'm not able to insert the Bass+ port all the way in so that its flat. I find the bass lacking.

The trebles also come off as very harsh; I hear a lot of "Shhh" noise with vocals. I am using 320kbps/FLAC files also.

Is this all suppose to improve with longer burn-in?

Oct 30, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mythless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hrmm if the bass+ port isn't working for you, you might want to look into a different IEM

I can live with the bass, and perhaps do the pin mod for Bass++.

But my main concern, as mentioned, right now is the HARSHNESS on vocals, such as Sara Barielles songs. Basically when there is an 'S' sound, I hear SHHHH in a very harsh manner. It completely ruins songs. Is that just how these IEMs are?
angry_face.gif
I've read that these should sound smooth and natural....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back