Ordered RE2, questions about shipping/tracking.
Jun 17, 2009 at 6:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

blackbird

100+ Head-Fier
I just ordered an RE2 from the website 5 minutes ago. However, I am worried that I did not receive an order confirmation/thanks for purchasing/etc. thing from Head Direct, and only my payment confirmation from Paypal. When will I know my tracking number?

Also, since I live in Manhattan(in NYC), where will the phones ship from, and how long will they take to arrive?

Jun 18, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #4 of 16
I recently ordered the RE5 / E5 combo too. It took 2 days to ship. They will eventually email you a confirmation with a USPS First Class mail tracker at least by next business day and hand it over to USPS soon.

They have a reseller in NY, so you should get it quick. Mine shipped from FLUSHING, NY on the 15th and got here today on the 17th. Very fast shipping, I live in Florida.

Jun 18, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #5 of 16
seriously, I had the exact same concern "ohmygod I just ordered online from China and there is no confirmation!!"...
I stressed for a few days and even sent an email, very quickly I got a confirmation number emailed to me and was able to track online. They are a reliable company and I hope you enjoy the combo deal as much as I am.

Jun 18, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #6 of 16
Head-Direct is the US distributor for Yuin products, but the RE2s are their "house" brand. And H-D is based in New York, they only have their gear made in China (or work with Yuin and other Chinese manufacturers). They will not do you dirty, no matter what. I have purchased more than 10 items from Fang, and he will take care of his customers.

Jun 18, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #7 of 16
Although I enjoy the combo and the fast shipping. I was sadden that they didn't come in the fancy little circle container like in the picture. Instead they shipped a small cardboard box, like any other earphones you would buy at the store.

My guess is they discontinued the fancy circle box, or it was never really part of the package.

Jun 19, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by krazyxazn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although I enjoy the combo and the fast shipping. I was sadden that they didn't come in the fancy little circle container like in the picture. Instead they shipped a small cardboard box, like any other earphones you would buy at the store.

My guess is they discontinued the fancy circle box, or it was never really part of the package.

I got the little box...trust me, it's nothing exciting.

I've been neglecting my RE2...haven't listened to them in weeks.

Jun 20, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #9 of 16
We have changed the shipping box and improved cable from this week. Will publish some pics later tomorrow.

We do express mail shipping for international customers. Those package should arrive in about 7 business days. On early June China custom did a comprehensive inverstigation against fake brand products. Some of our packages were delayed for a week. I was told that it is OK now.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jun 20, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We have changed the shipping box and improved cable from this week. Will publish some pics later tomorrow.

We do express mail shipping for international customers. Those package should arrive in about 7 business days. On early June China custom did a comprehensive inverstigation against fake brand products. Some of our packages were delayed for a week. I was told that it is OK now.

I got my phones from flushing yesterday. I think that the new cloth/shoelace type wire is more durable and less microphonic. However, I have a big problem with the new design. There is no way to recognize/prove that these are from Head Direct, or are RE2s, since there is no brand marking anywhere. There is really no way to distingusih them from a high quality Head direct product, and a generic ripoff.

Jun 24, 2009 at 1:33 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brand is hifiman. You can find head-direct Corporation on the box.

Yes, but just looking at the headphones, how can you tell?

Aug 19, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #13 of 16
Im very much interested in the RE2/E5 combo. I live in Australia so my question is about the customs processing. Can the package be marked as gift to avoid the hassle of customs processing?

Sep 28, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #14 of 16
I ordered a pair of the RE2's directly from head direct a week ago today and I have not recieved any corespondance at this time. I read in this thread it can take 10-15 days shipping from china. I am not sure if they would come from China or NY but how long should I wait before sending an email to Head Direct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back