Ordered my X5!
Feb 8, 2006 at 7:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

-Paolo-

100+ Head-Fier
Boy oh boy, I can't wait.

I picked up a 30 GB for $395 Canadian. With taxes and shipping.

We skimped out on ecost due to the reseller ratings
frown.gif

----

Will post reviews in a week
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 9:12 AM Post #3 of 16
Great choice, I discovered the X5 form Head-fi reviews and haven't looked back since I got mine.

Did you get the X5L? or X5?.... the extended battery version is worth it IMO.

Anyway, whichever you ordered, I hope you enjoy your iAudio as much as I do
icon10.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 5:19 PM Post #5 of 16
Congrats and welcome to the club. I own a 30GB non L as well and love it. Get a Zcover case and you will be set.

Feb 8, 2006 at 9:50 PM Post #6 of 16
Congrats! I have an X5 and it sounds just as good with Ety ER4P as does my trusty old iHP140.

Here's a thread on iaudiophile.net forum regarding screen protectors for the X5: http://www.iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6102

I personally don't think it needs a full case, even a minimalist silicone one as the body of the payer is extremely rugged and scratch proof but you would definetely want to protect the screen.

Feb 9, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #7 of 16
I just got my X5 (60 gig model) recently, and I'm loving it. FLAC and Ogg Vorbis support, no extra software needed to put files on it, decent video playback (perfect for South Park), and it just so happens that the charger for my Samsung phone works with the X5 as well.

Like Igor said, they're built well, so you really don't need a case. Plus, iAudio is nice enough to include a screen protector in the box. I bought a zCover, and it is good, but it's not really needed (plus, even the clear version is a dust magnet).

Feb 9, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #9 of 16
Congrats on your future X5!! I have the 60gb, and it suits me very well. I'm very excited about the developing RockBox for X5 too. I use my SM3v6 with sf5p with it; a wonderful combo right there......

Feb 9, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #11 of 16
Great!
I received an X5L 20G a week ago. It's been fantastic. You can slowly charge it from the USB cable if need be. And talk about flexible, to upgrade the firmware you just dump the new firmware in a folder and plug in the power adapter. Again, no special software needed. Movies, text, and music can also be downloaded straight to the X5 from a USB memory stick.

Feb 11, 2006 at 5:52 AM Post #14 of 16
Holy ****, it came in today. My parents just left it on my bed and I saw it when i got home!

Kick ass. I'm having fun with this, but the charger scared me off... The thing has something rattling inside it, so I'm forced to USB charge this puppy. Boy it takes a while.

Feb 11, 2006 at 3:09 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by dommica
Is there any chance the X5 is ever going to support ID3 tags? That's the only thing putting me off..

There was talk of ID3 browsing being added way back. No idea about it now though. Check www.iaudiophile.net

I was "scared" about the file tree browser but now I just rip my CDs properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back