Ordered Klipsch Image and Custom-3
May 12, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #16 of 19
My current conflict:

I like the feel of the Image phones, but not the microphonics or the rubbery cable.

The Custom-3 phones get rid of the microphonics and the rubbery cable (instead of it is nylon wrapped or something similar) but they don't feel as good in my ear.

The sounds are almost the same. I may stick with the Custom-3 since when walking around I can't stand the microphonics of the Image.

Then again - real customs such as the Freqs or the Livewires are still in my price range at this point.

Nov 27, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I took the plunge. I ordered both the Image and the Custom-3 headphones. A coworker ordered the Custom-1 headphones. Should be interested to compare all of them.

so how do the custom 1 and 3's compare?

Dec 20, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #18 of 19
I find the opposite, I find the custom 3's to fit in my ear very nicely, and be extremely comfortable. But i find the microphonics to be annoying. I hear westone 3's have no cable noise!!! And they are supposed to sound amazing. I wonder how they compare with Custom 3's , But not knocking the Custom 3's . My pair are amazing. I love them. I walk around the city with them, and everything is good. But they really sound amazing. The bass is incredible too, but the cable is in need of improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back