Ordered Grado SR60's
Feb 13, 2006 at 3:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Former_iBud_User

New Head-Fier
After visiting this board and reading reviews for about a month I decided to buy the SR60's.

I quickly noticed that the stock buds that came with the iPod weren't very good. I went ahead and bought the Senn MX-500, not much of an improvement, but I like them. I was left wanting more so I decided to get the Grados, I hope they fit the bill.

I should have them next week
orphsmile.gif

-Danny

Feb 13, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #3 of 6
Great, hope you like them. I started with SR80's and I absolutely loved them. I recommend listening to music that you know well to hear their abilities. I found it a little hard to get into new music that I wasn't familiar with for awhile until I became accustomed to the Grado sound. I think because they don't really sound like much else out there (which is cool about them), you might need to get adjusted to their sound signature.

Feb 13, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #4 of 6
You'll enjoy!! I took my 15 year old daughter to Best Buy last Friday so she could buy a 30gb IPod. After we got all the software loaded on the computer and her CDs ripped and loaded on the IPod, she started listening with the stock buds. After a bit I pulled out my Grados and asked if she liked to try them. She plugged them in and immediately said "wow, that sounds good". She spent the rest of the evening listening with them. Of course, they don't have the cool factor. I'd let her try my Etys, but I don't have spare replacement tips.

Feb 13, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #5 of 6
I just got the shipping confirmation today and I should have them by the end of the week. I am very excited. I actually tried to get the HF-1s, but when I called Todd he said that I was a week late
frown.gif
Oh well, there are certainly many very desireable Grado's if I decide that the sound is for me.

EDIT: Whoops, thread hijack! I had a very similar thread, and I mistakenly thought this was mine.

Feb 14, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #6 of 6
I too will be using them with my iPod. I heard that the Grado line was excellent for Rock, so I decided to go with them. Now I just need to get an excellent portable phone. I might wear out the search funtion...
tongue.gif

I hope we like the Grados, solbergg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back