Ordered Denon AH-D2000 and something else to say
Mar 22, 2010 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

FL210

Head-Fier
As title, after another series of quests, I finally put the order for the D2000.
For me this is the 2nd pair of headphones ever possessed.
I had a pair of AKG K701 last year, lost in China, were stolen by thieves together with my Dell studio 15 and couple of hundreds of RMB. Really furious and sad! Haven't yet fully checked their full performance yet.

Now I have a tube amp, the Little Dot MK IV, got it in Little Dot China office, bought originally for the K701, hope will work nicely with the D2000. I had a conversation with Dr. Yang, the boss of Little Dot, a nice guy, and expert of tube amp. He invited me to come to their exhibition store in Huaqiangbei, Shenzhen, in December of 2009, but got no chance before I returned to US.

For those who read Chinese, here attach a Chinese forum of Headphones for your reference, claimed to be the biggest one in Chinese, http://www.erji.net/

There is a testing at Youtube YouTube - Dave Rat - The Mighty Headphone Quest Part 1, Dave Rat tested a bunch of phones and the D2000 jumps out easily with really decent test lines.
Wonder if they will perform so well in the real use. Will see when I get those by this weekend.

Mar 22, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #2 of 5
I can't read.. but I can look at the pictures
ph34r.gif

EDIT: it'd be interesting if we had any chinese speakers in here who could act as a double agent to see what kind of DIY projects and such go on over there.

EDIT2: seems there is a buzz over there about the WM8742..

Mar 22, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by nullstring /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't read.. but I can look at the pictures
ph34r.gif

Google translation ftw?
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by nullstring /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it'd be interesting if we had any chinese speakers in here who could act as a double agent to see what kind of DIY projects

Well there are a LOT of audiophiles in China, especially in the big cities, most of them young and crazy at hardwares.
Cost of playing audio devices is high, about 2 times than in US, due to high cost of imports. But I also see a lot of Chinese brands of headphones, amps, other machines, emerging in the market, never tried any, but as heard, some of them are really decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back