Ordered a MicroZOTL!
Sep 3, 2001 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

sackley

Audiophile can you spare a dime?
After months and months of agonizing over what amp to get for my HD 600's and SR-225's, I have finally decided on the David Berning MicroZOTL. I was going to go with the Sugden headmaster, but then they had to get jacked up in price and so I changed my mind. I plan on giving my first review when it comes in. Thanks everyone for your help along the way when I was deciding.

Sep 3, 2001 at 11:00 PM Post #4 of 16
Good choice sackley! Hey, what color did you get?

Sep 3, 2001 at 11:58 PM Post #6 of 16
sackly.
Welcome to Team ZOTL. We are now but a small band of tube warriors, but our numbers are growing. And by the way-- way to go straight to a top-tier amp! Now you'll need a better source to get the most out of those phones and that amp. You must simply accept at this point that the need to upgrade has only just begun, sorry to say!

If you are thinking about tube rolling, PM me and I'll relate my experiences. Cheers.

markl

Sep 4, 2001 at 12:04 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
If you are thinking about tube rolling, PM me and I'll relate my experiences. Cheers.

markl,

If you haven't already posted about your tube rolling experiences, why don't you do so? I'm sure there are several people (me included) who'd like to read about it.

If you have already posted about it, then say, "Use the search function, newbie!" and I'll do so.
wink.gif

Sep 4, 2001 at 12:11 AM Post #8 of 16
There are posts of mine I think mainly at Headwize that deal with my experiences at some length (relating to the Earmax Pro and the ZOTL). I find that the new search function is very poor. Many of my posts, that I labored over, no longer show up when you do simple searches on things like "ZOTL" or "CD3000". Happy hunting!

markl

Sep 4, 2001 at 12:33 AM Post #11 of 16
Sounds like a great choice at a reasonable price, found this great review at Enoy the Music:
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin.../microzotl.htm

The only thing I wish was that the unit had a sweeter appearance, like the Antique Audio MG Head amp, those tubes should be prominently displayed like a work of art. Looks like the blue metal housing is meant to stay on, please let me know if that is not correct because I may want to get one also.

Sep 4, 2001 at 3:52 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

sackley said...

But really, who cares what color it is? Isn't the sound that matters?

Two words: AKG K1000!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back