Orange County Meet: 1/30/2010
Jan 6, 2010 at 8:09 AM Post #17 of 138
shaizada, please update my source as I JUST purchased a Peachtree Audio Nova on Audiogon.
tongue.gif

If my Electrocompaniet ECD1 doesn't sell by then, I'll bring both the Nova and ECD1.

Jan 6, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #18 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in. I'll bring what's in the sig and the Moth if I get a chance to wrench on it.

And Mr. Samuels is going to be there? Cool - I look forward to seeing you, Ray!
smily_headphones1.gif

It will be great to see you too my friend. We did have lots of fun last time if you remember. I am looking forward to seeing all of you again. I will bring as much as possible to this meet hopefully we all will have a ball.
The new F117, Nighthawk, phono stage will be there, if you have some of your great albums, please bring them over. Also we will bring & for the first time the Ultra portable Balanced headphone amp, the first of it's kind in the world, THE PROTECTOR. If you have the Ultimate ears, 10/11 & the JH13PRO,
you can listen to them through the balanced wire we will bring & explore the world of balanced portables.
See you there.
Ray Samuels

Jan 8, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #20 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaizada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think he is planning to bring the whole thing. B52 with R10 and A10 with HE90. I will let him disclose that information in case I am wrong.

That would be great! I had fun talking to Ray and his family at CanJam and look forward to seeing them/him again.

Ray, I need to give you an address to send a connector for the Protector. Peter of Double Helix Cables is going to make a very nice adaptor (your 4-pin to dual 3-pin female XLR) for the meet. His headphone cables are the best I've ever heard, by a wide margin. I just need to get from you the pinouts. Please send me a PM if you can.

Jan 11, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #22 of 138
Wow, finally a local meet on my weekend off
smily_headphones1.gif

Most likely will be bringing:

HE Audio 1.2b electrostat
Headphile Woodied Sennheiser HE60 electrostat

Stax SRD7 MkII transformer box with single-ended tube amp of some sort..

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #23 of 138
If anyone has the beyerdynamics DT880 or DT990 could you also bring those? Im in the market i think for Some DT880's and would like to hear the sound signature before buying. ofcourse after this event might find something else i might like.

Jan 12, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #24 of 138
Excited by going to my first meet... humbled by what's out there and exploring this new world. Can't wait to listen to all your rigs and get familiarized by what's out there. Will bring following:

HD 600 with ALO SXC Cryo 18awg cable
Eddie Current Lunchbox
Modified Music Hall CD25.2 CDP

Jan 13, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #25 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by igotyofire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If anyone has the beyerdynamics DT880 or DT990 could you also bring those? Im in the market i think for Some DT880's and would like to hear the sound signature before buying. ofcourse after this event might find something else i might like.

If Donald North comes I'm almost positive he will bring those, along with some Beyer 911 made in the 90's that sound slightly better than any of their current models (perhaps with the exception of the T1 since I haven't heard it yet). The DT880/600 is an excellent phone though and probably the best current Beyer other than the T1.

Jan 14, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #27 of 138
Looks like I can't go, of if I can only the later part. If i do I will bring just a minimal setup that won't take up much room. Macbookpro w/amarra->Pico dac->Lisa lll->?? DX1000 or HD800 or HD650 or at-esw9. Just don't know yet and it is a ways down there. Thanks for hosting it though Shaizada.

Jan 14, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #28 of 138
You're welcome Dallan,

I have ZERO experience in hosting meets etc, but the reason I stepped up is because I know so many people showed interest and there was no venue and or details near the original Jan 9th date.

I figured what the hec, lets just do it at home. I'll try to make as much space as possible and distribute it out on a first come first served basis
smily_headphones1.gif

If we run out of space, there is a patio table in the back that can also be used. It's just outside....but we'll see how it goes.

I'm mainly concerned about snacks and drinks. Should have have some nibbles for everyone? Can others volunteer to bring snacks and drinks?

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #29 of 138
what about pitching in for a pizza? makes a good snack....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back