OR & CA Head-fi's: Anyone have a source for an old Unisaw or Powermatic Tablesaw?
Aug 20, 2005 at 1:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mahkook

100+ Head-Fier
I have been in a
frown.gif
futile search for the last year to find an old cabinet style table saw that I could purchase for my home woodshop. I teach woodshop at North Bend High School and have old Unisaws there for the students. I want to find one like them so that I can have it at home for a number of reasons. I could build jigs that will work both at both locations, design safety improvements and proceedures while at home that will work at school, and practice doing a compete tear-down and rebuild (which the school machines are going to need soon)... this and much more.

It occured to me that I should ask my fellow Oregonians and Northern Californians if anyone out there has a line on an old used cabinet type saw that I might be able to purchase. These are the type that have a full box base all the way to the floor... no legs that they stand on. I am fortunate to also have 3 phase electricity availble as well, so any motor is useable. I can't afford much, but can rebuild even the nastiest tool out there. Your help would be greatly appreciated in this quest of mine.

Email or PM me with any leads... Thanks much!

Aug 20, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #2 of 2
bump... before it's lost to oblivion...

I'll only do this a couple times to keep it up where it can be read for a few days, then off I go to the Oregonian newspaper.

Anyone have any leads? 18 people have viewed it so far... maybe one of you guys know something that might help in this quest???

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back