Options for some portable/folding on-ears for working out
Jun 5, 2013 at 9:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

theVashtaNerada

New Head-Fier
I currently wear IEMs to workout with, but I was wondering what options there are for some portable on-ears.
I really don't have any portable hp right now other than IEMs and KSC75.  I use an ATH a900x for most of my listening at home.  I just picked up some Philips Citiscape uptown and downtowns(for my wife) to try out since they were cheap and I really like the sound and comfort from the downtowns.  I'd try to find another one if the thing was foldable(and not purple), and easier to clean(pads don't appear to be removable), but it feels pretty solid and sounds great for a 30$ pair of phones.

1. I'm looking for something foldable or very portable with a somewhat slight bass emphasis.  
  2. Seal/isolation is somewhat important.  I don't need dead silence.
  3. And I listen to every genre in the gym from classical to dubstep, but I also like mids to be slightly forward
  4. Soundstage isn't that important.  
  5. Removeable cable is a plus or at least something that is manageable(no coiled or 10 ft cables).
  6. Easy to wipe down or clean.
  7. Doesn't require an amp, i have an e6 but I don't really plan on getting anything bigger

I was looking into some portapros, px100/px200, akg k81dj, ath es55.  Those are the ones that are generally recommended but I was just looking at some of the other options.

Other options I was thinking about were the HD25mkii or the m80s.  Or I can stick a headband on the ksc75, but when trying to run the 75s from my clipzip unamped, the volume was just so low and there's so much sound leakage.

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back