Options for high end Silicone CIEM?
Jan 31, 2015 at 5:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

InternetSandman

Head-Fier
I'm looking around at options for silicone CIEM's, I currently have a Noble 5S, but it's starting to go through rather bad channel imbalance, and I figure I'd rather see if I can upgrade instead of sending them in for repair again (the first time was due to blockages, but I haven't been able to find blockages in them this time).

I know Noble has the 6S, right now that's what I'm considering getting, especially because it seems it has a more balanced sound signature compared to the 5S (which is incredibly powerful in the low end but it seems to lack high end extension and crispness without EQ). 

I know Spiral Ear has their silicone 5 way reference customs, which I would love to get, except that with the five individual sound bores (is that really necessary?) my ear canals are actually too small to accommodate such a design :frowning2:

I know of Sensaphonics and their 3MAX CIEM, and that seems like a nice option, but with only 3 drivers I'm apprehensive as to just how well it compares to others with more drivers

What other TOTL options are there in terms of silicone CIEMs?

Feb 1, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #4 of 4
  I know of Sensaphonics and their 3MAX CIEM, and that seems like a nice option, but with only 3 drivers I'm apprehensive as to just how well it compares to others with more drivers

What other TOTL options are there in terms of silicone CIEMs?

More drivers is NOT an indicator of better SQ. One of the great fallacies of IEM World.

For reference-type accuracy, Sensaphonics recommends our dual driver models (2X-S and 2MAX) over the triple-driver 3MAX, which has an extra bass driver.

Sensaphonics is a hearing health company, and are strong believers in providing the truth: sonic accuracy based on soft-gel silicone, yielding a deep, persistent seal and a minimum of distortion due to crossovers. Our products are designed for stage use, with maximum isolation and comfort. Max isolation reduces the noise floor, allowing high-impact listening at lower volume levels (but only if you actually turn it down!).

Our goal is to keep musicians working, providing hi-tech monitoring solutions like 3D AARO, still the world's only true Active Ambient IEM system. Here's a link to our recent NAMM news items .

Good luck in your search!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back