Opting for UE Triple Fi's
Jun 25, 2008 at 12:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

fooey

Head-Fier
Hi All,

For a while now I've been thinking of what my next pair of portable headphones should be and I have came up with a short list of 4.

1) Ultimate Ears Triple Fi
2) Shure 530
3) Jays qjays
4) Sleeks SA6

I've owned quite a few in-ear phones in the past and none have them have lasted very long as I don't take great care of them - what typically happens is that the sound stops coming out of one channel. So, if I'm going to spend ~ 200ukp on one of these, I want them to be robust. I'm also looking for great sound quality - I own a modded pair of Sennheisser H25s and I realise that they're far from the best available but they sound good to me.

I had a pair of Shure 210s which I thought would prove to be quite sturdy but the cable close to one of the earpieces split open, exposing the copper wiring.

Of the above earpieces, I believe that the vote is split between the UE and Shure's for sound quality, that for most people the UE are the most uncomfortable to wear with the qjays being the most comfortable.

I'm leaning towards getting the Triple Fi's as they should sound good, they have interchangeable cables so I can replace them if necessary, and I can purchase the Comply foam tips which will hopefully address the comfort issue.

Does anyone know what the best price for the Triple Fi's are in London? I believe £199 is the standard RRP. Can these be purchased from anywhere on Tottenham Court Road?

Any thoughts ?

Many Thanks.

Jun 25, 2008 at 1:44 PM Post #2 of 14
Try AdvancedMP3Players website (in Edinburgh) -way cheaper than TCR (based on price I saw for SE530 while looking at DAPs) - great company, excellent comms & fast shipping.

Very good choice btw
smily_headphones1.gif

Triple Fi have superb SQ, refined, airy, clear treble with a nice deep, clean bass - much more listenable, IMHO, than the presentation of SE530.
'Fraid I haven't heard the Sleeks or Jays.

Jun 25, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #4 of 14
Thx Alan! I was too lazy to link!
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #5 of 14
i live in edinburgh and been to the little retail outlet they have..
the folks that work there are really helpful

Jun 25, 2008 at 2:05 PM Post #6 of 14
Agreed. Elliot's a star!

I'd like to visit them one day -does look a tiny stand tho...

Jun 25, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #7 of 14
it is small, but it is usually well stocked, they have a depot in musselburgh where they ship the online stuff from.
i got my very first mp3 player from them(an oddessy 1000)

Jun 25, 2008 at 2:25 PM Post #8 of 14
ADMP3P have TF10 at £199, which is lower than standard RRP. I bought mine there for £179 (I think) in a sale. Haven't seen their current price bettered in the UK. Wonder what Amazon.co.uk is pricing at? (too lazy to look, lol)

Jun 25, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #10 of 14
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #11 of 14
i am your search engine today stevie

Jun 27, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #12 of 14
I was in TCR yesterday and the only place that stocked them was Micro Anvika @ 250ukp!!!
What rip off merchants!
Going to order them from advancedmp3players.co.uk today.
Hope they arrive tomorrow morning!

Jun 27, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by fooey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was in TCR yesterday and the only place that stocked them was Micro Anvika @ 250ukp!!!
What rip off merchants!
Going to order them from advancedmp3players.co.uk today.
Hope they arrive tomorrow morning!

Tomorrow morning? Goodness gracious, what shipping option did you choose?
eek.gif

Jun 27, 2008 at 9:46 AM Post #14 of 14
IIRC, spend over x amount or go for courier delivery = next day between 10 -5! Wonderful! ADMP3P are good at that...

And Micro Anvika/TCR? Told you so
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back