Optimus CD-3400
Jun 13, 2002 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
Anyone know of any possible way to purchase this player? I got into hi-fi last year. A little too late.
frown.gif

Jun 13, 2002 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 6
scour ebay or other auction sites. occasionally, people here or at headwize will put one up in the for sale forums.

Jun 15, 2002 at 7:01 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
Hmm, is it worth it? I mean, it seems like stereophile REALLY loved it. . . but now, in retrospect. . .

In retrospect, the CD-3400 is still a contender for best portable... provided you don't move it around
wink.gif

It has very bad anti-skip, so you really only want to listen to it in a stationary position.

The headphone jack is better than most portables today, but what really shined on the 3400 was its line out and digital out jacks. I owned two CD-3400s, and sold them both when I didn't have a use for a PCDP. I've since needed one again, and bought the Panasonic SL-CT570. The 570 is very good, but the line out on the 3400 was much better.

Jun 15, 2002 at 3:04 PM Post #5 of 6
hmm. If I find one for a reasonable price, I'll buy it. But it seems really tough to believe that it can be THAT great of a transport. . .

Jun 15, 2002 at 6:45 PM Post #6 of 6
i've got a cd3400, and it's the best sounding pcdp i've heard to date. easily beats my panasonic player. only thing i don't like is the lack of anti-skip. for that reason i'm using it as a transport in my bedroom system. if you're vigilant enough, you can get one for a pretty good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back