Optimum settings for PC & studio monitors with external volume control
Dec 18, 2013 at 2:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Sorrows End

New Head-Fier
Good Afternoon folks!

Current setup:

ZxR rca output to a nano patch volume control then into a pair of BX5 monitors (sub will be here friday).

Using the little nano patch console and the ZxR headphone module I've basically recreated the logitech z-2300 setup. I did not enjoy having to manage my volume controls with software in the slightest. I like finding the perfect volume levels to handle playing WoW, winamp/itunes, and ventrilo at the same time and then using one master control for my speakers or headphones.

My questions is: What is the best volume level to set windows speaker output in the control panel? Should the pc speaker volume be set to 50% and the monitors themselves set to 50%

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #2 of 4
ZxR rca output to a nano patch volume control then into a pair of BX5 monitors (sub will be here friday). Using the little nano patch console and the ZxR headphone module I've basically recreated the Logitech z-2300 setup. I did not enjoy having to manage my volume controls with software in the slightest. I like finding the perfect volume levels to handle playing WoW, winamp/itunes, and ventrilo at the same time and then using one master control for my speakers or headphones.
My questions is: What is the best volume level to set windows speaker output in the control panel? Should the PC speaker volume be set to 50% and the monitors themselves set to 50%

You want to set your source (Win PC) as high as possible, 100% may cause distortion problems, so just set it as high as possible.
Use the Nano Patch for volume control.

Dec 18, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #3 of 4
  You want to set your source (Win PC) as high as possible, 100% may cause distortion problems, so just set it as high as possible.
Use the Nano Patch for volume control.

Ok so volume in windows is at 100% now.

What should I set the volume on the monitors to? I've been keeping them at 50% and using the nano patch for volume.

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #4 of 4
  Ok so volume in windows is at 100% now.

What should I set the volume on the monitors to? I've been keeping them at 50% and using the nano patch for volume.

Turning the volume on your monitors at 100% it's a bad idea. You may get accidental pop

You're doing it right at 50%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back