Optimized Note II
Jan 1, 2013 at 5:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JosephL

New Head-Fier
I just got my Note II. Sounds good already but wondering how I might improve the sound.

Software, firmware, hardware?

Tips, suggestions and links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jan 1, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
I just got my Note II. Sounds good already but wondering how I might improve the sound.

Software, firmware, hardware?

Tips, suggestions and links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Just root your Note 2, and Flash either Perseus or N.E.A.K kernel and have control over your Wolfson audio DAC, you can tweak the volume and parameters to the max for absolute brilliant sound, you don't need any external dac or amp. When you flash N.E.A.K kernel, go to Play Store and download uNEAK Engine app to have all the controls, Perseus comes with an app called STWEAKS which pretty much does the same thing.

Jan 1, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Just root your Note 2, and Flash either Perseus or N.E.A.K kernel and have control over your Wolfson audio DAC, you can tweak the volume and parameters to the max for absolute brilliant sound, you don't need any external dac or amp. When you flash N.E.A.K kernel, go to Play Store and download uNEAK Engine app to have all the controls, Perseus comes with an app called STWEAKS which pretty much does the same thing.

Awesome and thanks!

I'm on Persues, I've been using stweaks, and noozxoide eizo rewire, it sounds very nice but not sure I'm getting everything out of it. This gives me something else to compare it to.

May 2, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #4 of 4
You might also try the Saber kernel (XDA) which includes a reworked and updated VooDoo sound module.  It supports external DACs of course , has auto volume control, expanded direct and headphone jack volume control and sound profiles (which I don't use).  I think the sound out of the Note is fantastic already but this provides some extra tweaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back