Optical splitter in reverse?
Feb 21, 2007 at 5:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SpacemanSpiff23

100+ Head-Fier
Can I run the optical cables from both my computer and XBox 360 into a splitter, and then run them into my speakers?

Feb 21, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #2 of 6
i've thought the same things, but i really really really don't think it works that way, after all it is 1's and zeros, and the if they're jumbled it dosn't mean anything.

Feb 21, 2007 at 8:57 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussell6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've thought the same things, but i really really really don't think it works that way, after all it is 1's and zeros, and the if they're jumbled it dosn't mean anything.

But its not 1's and 0's. Its just light.

Feb 21, 2007 at 9:01 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But its not 1's and 0's. Its just light.

Well, technically, it's light representing 1s or 0s but like jmmtn4aj said, you could probably find something that could make them work independantly of one another through the same receiver but not simultaneously.

Feb 21, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, technically, it's light representing 1s or 0s but like jmmtn4aj said, you could probably find something that could make them work independantly of one another through the same receiver but not simultaneously.

yeah, one at a time would work, but it wouldn't work like an anoloug that would mix signals, and yes, it is ones and zeros, in light form, just like when you write down the number one on a piece of paper, it's not just a reflection of light absorbing graphite on a page, it's the number one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back