Optical output of A8N-SLI are bit-for-bit ??
Feb 19, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #16 of 19
Asus A8N-E here
Using either USB (Alien DAC) or PCI soundcard (M-Audio AP24/96 or E-MU-1212) I have NO NOISE (from the motherboard, power supply or system) when using any of them.
Do not be too quick to fault the motherboard.

Feb 19, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Asus A8N-E here
Using either USB (Alien DAC) or PCI soundcard (M-Audio AP24/96 or E-MU-1212) I have NO NOISE (from the motherboard, power supply or system) when using any of them.
Do not be too quick to fault the motherboard.

Their is compatibility problem between X-Fi and A8N, even Creative recognize it, look http://forums.creative.com/creativel...nding&page=188

That's say i didn't go further too much since i understand that my futur DAC will bypass the sound card, and originally maybe it's Creative fault rather then Asus i don't know
rolleyes.gif

Feb 19, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by lerio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Their is compatibility problem between X-Fi and A8N, even Creative recognize it, look http://forums.creative.com/creativel...nding&page=188

I do not dispute that there may be such a problem with those cards, but I am saying that is apparently does not affect other sound cards as it does those.

Part of the reason I posted this was in answer to your question:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lerio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow 3 persons who have same problem with this motherboard, does she will work fine with my futur BitHead using USB ??

And my Alien DAC works fine off USB connection to your motherboard's little sister (the A8N-E which I have)
wink.gif

Feb 19, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #19 of 19
No, Actually I have read on configurations about s/pdif in the new intel HD audio to be bit perfect
but I'm not sure about jitter on onboard.
I'm not sure if yours is on the intel HD audio series, but I'm using itmyself and can do a perfect stream pass in foobar with dts files using kernel streaming into my receiver.

If your onboard audio is infact intel HD audio, then i suggest you go to avsforum and do a quick search on HD audio, there are quite a few that use it for their HT setups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back