Optical Headphone Amp.
Aug 16, 2006 at 4:59 PM Post #16 of 21
ath: I haven't fired up the D1000's for a while, so we must both trust my memory for the time being. I will spend some time this weekend with them, though, and report back on the veracity of the following statements.

Battery life is acceptable - 6 - 8 hours depending on listening habits. They take 2 aaa's, btw. Can vary with batteries used, too. The D1000 comes with rechargable batteries and charger - very nice touch. I bought two additional rechargable batteries, so always have a fully charged pair to pop in when the ones in use go south. Of course, alkaline aaa's are always an option, and last 1.5 to 2 x as long as the rechargables.

Sound quality is well worth the $$$ - ie: easily the equal of the equivalent in amp + phones, at least to my ears. Closest headphone is probably the AT A900 (no real surprise there). I rate the sound of the same quality level (but not same sonic sig) as what I get from my Hornet + HF-1's or HD650's.

Yes, it has optical cable for input - can be used from any digital optical (SPDIF) source at 32, 44.1, or 48 mHz. I have used from DAP (iHP120), PCDP's (Panasonic and Sony), computer (AV710), and many different cd players' transport optical outputs.

If you are interested in them, feel free to PM me for more info.

Aug 23, 2006 at 12:18 AM Post #18 of 21
Kirium,
I was looking for a Zhaolu D2, could you please tell me where you got it from.
orphsmile.gif

Aug 24, 2006 at 2:16 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by euton_l
Kirium,
I was looking for a Zhaolu D2, could you please tell me where you got it from.
orphsmile.gif

From COEM audio in Brisbane...

This probably doesn't help you if you don't live in Australia...

Aug 24, 2006 at 4:21 PM Post #20 of 21
I just got my ATH-D1000s, and Im enamored. Warm, Lush, and close, with no thoughts of an amp.

Aug 24, 2006 at 9:35 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by BennyBoy
178664194_7d9c1975d8_o.jpg

This is an interesting setup. I am wondering how good the optic out is on PM G5. I have all my CD imported to iTunes in Apple lossless format, but how to play it is a problem.

Is USB better than optic for digital music?

This confused me a lot. I am using Deard MP5 (usb). It is okay, but I want to use it with my Cayin TA30. (tube amp) I have a nice pair of Swan Speakers that refused to run on MP5. On top of that I am looking into buying STAX 4040a, which implies I need a nice DAC with XLR output. I saw several good deals on Audigon for P1A/P3A combo, but do I need USB to get better sound out of G5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back