"optical cable"? included w/ my MD player
Nov 3, 2003 at 7:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

woodytone

100+ Head-Fier
what is that optical cable thing that comes with the Sony MZ-N707 MD player supposed to do? neither end fits in any of the holes on the player! ive been wondering about this for some time now. and i guess this is a good place to ask.

Nov 3, 2003 at 7:32 AM Post #2 of 14
the pointy end should fit in the line-in of your md player. (i've got a 707 as well) the square end should go in the optical out of a full sized cd player.

it's for making digital recordings so you don't have to go d->a and then a->d for md dubbing.

Nov 3, 2003 at 7:41 AM Post #5 of 14
before u stick it in, make sure to take off the rubber protect thing at the tip

Nov 3, 2003 at 7:42 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by blessingx
Smarter in 5.0 minutes. Impressive.

just the benchmark set by the gang here at team useless poster.
evil_smiley.gif

edit: good advice from chucky there too.
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2003 at 9:17 AM Post #8 of 14
Tip: Keep the "rubber" tips, for when the cable's not in use (they're very easy to lose). Otherwise the ends of the cable will pick up dust, grease and scratches which could make for less than perfect digital recording.

Nov 3, 2003 at 8:57 PM Post #9 of 14
One end is mini connection for portable players/recorders. The other end is TOSLink for home-based unit (unless one has the D-555, of course, which uses the TOSLink for the optical out!).

The MZ-R10 is supplied with the mini/TOSLink cable. Had to go out and find a real Sony mini to mini so the MZ-R10 could be hooked up to the D-EJ2000.

Nov 3, 2003 at 9:12 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by ProFingerSk8er
before u stick it in, make sure to take off the rubber protect thing at the tip

Heh... sounds like the wrong advice to me
wink.gif

--Chris

Nov 4, 2003 at 7:15 AM Post #13 of 14
what what huntington beach represent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back