Opportunity to try out new rig
Jul 12, 2007 at 6:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

itsborken

Headphoneus Supremus
My wife wants to get a player to listen to music while running. I have an iPod (to be an iMod shortly), but figure I can take this opportunity to hopefully get a good 'audiophile' player that everyone says are so much superior to the iPod. Who knows, I may even become a convert...

So, are there any flash based players that are small enough not to be a pain while running, yet still have excellent SQ? She will be using buds/iem whereas I would be using a amp (Move probably) and proline 750s/Denon D2000/Sennheiser HD650s to do the SQ evaluation. I'd like to do the evaluation with lossless format first, then perhaps AAC/MP3 later. Something around the capacity of a Nano would work well enough for her..

Please recommend what I should be looking at. Thanks in advance.

Jul 12, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #2 of 16
Sansa express is supposed to have good SQ. You cant really fit FLAC files on a flash player though... a rockboxed 1 gen ipod nano maybe? Cowon F2? Cowon D2?

Jul 14, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #6 of 16
Sony NWS700 series(very rich soundquality), Samsung Z5, T9, K3 and D2...........

Jul 14, 2007 at 1:44 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by adamse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's the size that you worry about i think it's ok. The Kenwood HD10GB7 is VERY small. - http://www.mobilewhack.com/reviews/kenwood_hd10gb7.html

Man that is a great looking player!

kenw2.jpg

I wished iTunes would support it!

Jul 14, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by adamse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's the size that you worry about i think it's ok. The Kenwood HD10GB7 is VERY small. -

It's size but also the pounding it is going to take. I'm concerned a HDD won't survive long putting 40miles of pounding a week on it.

Jul 14, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #13 of 16
Oh I see. I'm afraid it won't work then. I'll second on the new Sony line, they look so much better in person. You also get to express uniqueness compared to the Sansa express (which I have no experience with).

Jul 15, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #14 of 16
Hi guys. The HD10GB7 is actually a microdrive player. One of these days I'll write a direct comparison between the HD10GB7 and the HD20GA7. Basically, the little GB7 has better soundstage and EQ than the HD20GA7, while the latter has a better navigation interface and a more capable HD. The HD10GB7 is drag and drop, which the GA7 isn't. The HD10 is much smaller and more portable, that means it can be carried with an amp of the size of Supermacro LE.
My preference goes to the GB7.

Jul 16, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #15 of 16
Well, I looked at everything and decided to get a Meizu M3 8Gb on order; we'll see how it does. If it doesn't work out so well I can always try one of the others and sell this.

Thank you everybody for your input; I appreciate your time and thoughts that went into your recommendations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back