OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier at RMAF
Mar 16, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #1,156 of 1,240
I am not expecting the Android cable to do other things than be a normal cable when connected to a DAP or other source except an Android smartphone. But it didn't. I've tried it with FiiO X5 and Cayin C5 - it will only work properly if I keep pressing the function button on the cable... My V-moda M-100 cable with mic which is also compatible with Android works well with other sources I mentioned above. This is for the potential buyers to be mindful when selecting the 'bonus' cable. If you plan on using it besides an Android or WP smartphones, choose the normal cable.

Mar 16, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #1,157 of 1,240
Recieved the PM3 and the HA2 just this morning. Beautiful, the both of them. Still building an impression of the sound, but so far - LOVE IT! Currently listening to the pair with my iPhone4s. Build quality is great.

One thing though, the package I recieved was missing the 1.2 meter cable. Not there, nada. Checked and triple checked. retailer has been contacted and I hope to get a call soon.

Anyone else here experience the same? The PM3's were properly packaged, and there was no sign of tampering at all. Shink-wrapped and everything.

Mar 16, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #1,158 of 1,240
Recieved the PM3 and the HA2 just this morning. Beautiful, the both of them. Still building an impression of the sound, but so far - LOVE IT! Currently listening to the pair with my iPhone4s. Build quality is great.

One thing though, the package I recieved was missing the 1.2 meter cable. Not there, nada. Checked and triple checked. retailer has been contacted and I hope to get a call soon.

Anyone else here experience the same? The PM3's were properly packaged, and there was no sign of tampering at all. Shink-wrapped and everything.
Mine came in the shipping box outside of the headphone box, if that makes sense to you.

Mar 16, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #1,159 of 1,240
Yeah, not there either. :frowning2: I'm still here in the desk where I opened the package. I'm pretty sure that nothing fell out. Checked the Shipping box outside of the headphone box, the bigger shipping box that it came in and all the folds and crannies of the paper stuffing.

The top lip of the shipping box curiously does not have tape sealing on it. Did you find the extra cable in this brown box?

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #1,160 of 1,240
Yeah, not there either. :frowning2: I'm still here in the desk where I opened the package. I'm pretty sure that nothing fell out. Checked the Shipping box outside of the headphone box, the bigger shipping box that it came in and all the folds and crannies of the paper stuffing.

The top lip of the shipping box curiously does not have tape sealing on it. Did you find the extra cable in this brown box?

Yes it was wedged inbetween the brown box and the headphone box.

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #1,162 of 1,240

Are you in North America?  I am fairly certain that only those in N.A. are getting the second cable gratis. This I believe was confirmed by others earlier in this thread. If you live in the Southern Hemisphere, say like Australia or New Zealand the second cable is a, by payment only extra, unfortunately.

Mar 17, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #1,164 of 1,240
My PM-3 turned up today. Only had chance for a very quick play so no snap judgments. As others have said, shame we dont get the option of a shorter cable in this part of the world so I'll be getting a plain one for my Fiio X3 direct from the States.
Packaging as per usual is very well done and even through the ear pads are smaller than the PM-1 they seem to fit my ears and head quite well. They dont have the nice substantial  feel that big brother has and the satisfying click when adjusting the head band but that's some of what an extra few hundred dollars gets you. They are a nice looking phone IMO and build quality appears very good  so now it's time to put some hours up and see how they shape.

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #1,167 of 1,240
Nice review....http://referencehometheater.com/review/oppo-pm-3-headphones-review/

Thanks for sharing. I agree with the increasevin performance when using better amps. I've amped my PM-3 last night with Gustard H10 and the SQ is on another level than when using portable devices like Hidizs AP100 or FiiO X5. I've never felt my Momentum 1 and M100 benefitted much with desktop amps.

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #1,168 of 1,240
Mar 17, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #1,169 of 1,240

Users who are viewing this thread

Back